Kimbers customer service... - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimbers customer service...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 07:13 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
You know now that I think about it a little it seems they used to be a lot better and it was not all that long ago. I personally don't care for a Kimber all that much but shoot with a couple of guys that are avid fans. One had to send his in for a front sight that disappeared while shooting. He had sent it in to get the sight replaced and they not only did that but went through the weapon and went as far to change a few springs out even and it cost him nothing. That was a few years back though. I would think that in these times where money is tight for everyone that a company that sells a product that comes with the tag they do would be willing to work as hard as a company the likes of High Point to please their customers.

What baffles me most is that more than one person knows of this "Ann" and she has kept a job. And what exactly is this Ann's" interest in denying coverage that effects her in no way. It makes me wonder if there is an Ann there just to maybe save them a little money if possible and when someone complains she is reprimanded to appease the disgruntled firearm owner. I have to wonder just how many times this Ann or team of Anns have been reprimanded? Being there seems to be plenty of people that know of her and her misguided ways concerning company policy.

Maybe my tin foil hat is a little too tight this morning though
A few years ago, several companies like Kimber subcontracted repair work to other gun smiths. contractors tend do more to make sure they get called back for another job. I would not be surprised if Kimber is trying to do everything they can in house to save money. They have probably also let several workers go. They probably outsource stuff like refinishing. It is easier to outsource certain things rather than deal with EPA and OSHA regulations.

As for Ann, My guess is that she is probably connected in some way to who is running the company. My guess is that the guy at the top is not aware or just does not care.

Goggle Bud's Gun Shop Complaints for a good read. I was completely amazed when I started reading. The owner, Rex, seems to be a real class A jerk. He wrote in one of his threads, The customer is usually not right, blah Bela, Bela. How the heck does he stay in business?

Old 05-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #52

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've actually been in that shop on many ocactions. Besides being a little weird in what they have taken in trades (I have sen a pallet of dog food that was involved in a trade) they have a huge amount of repeat customers. I don't think they could do that with bad business practices. This is a shop that at one time was approached to sell a location in Lexington Ky.As part of the deal was he could not put another location in that city for ten years. THat's when they put everything in Paris Ky. They have good prices and that can get people in the door. But that wont keep them comming back. THeir gunbroker rating seems to reflect that they are doing something right as well. Coupleing that with their dot com and that's a lot of customers. But what gets my attention mist is the people that go there in person over and over again. Google the average income for Kentucky as a state. It is not very high. Not near the national average last I had seen but that has been a while ago. People just are not going to drop good money for junk. Not and go back anyway.

I do not know a lot about the red dot in question on that blog page. But what is the guarantee info for it? If it breaks after using it once is it supposed to go back to the place of sale or to the manufacturer? I bought a laptop at Walmart a while back that broke after a month. And Walmart couldn't do a thing about it. Even though I had an extended warantee. But that did not kick in until the manufacturers had run out. So I had to send it to HP. Does that mean Walmart uses poor business practices? I ask this because I do not know how the BARSKA company doers things. And I have never had to take anything back to Buds because it didn't break. THe used Smith I talked about earlier I got at Buds though. They shipped it to S&W for me and they fixed it.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #53

UPDATE

The Kimber was returned today. 100% refinished Free of charge. They recoated EVERYTHING! even the parts that were ok.
Just hated going through all the junk to get it fixed. Kimber is back to OK status in my book. Hopefully next time they will be easier to work with. Especially since I've bought 2 more since returning this one.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #54

glockink,
GOOD NEWS!!
Glad to hear Kimber came through.
Enjoy your freshly "100% refinished" 1911.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #55

Default Kimber Gun's

I have been reading on the different forums about the people who own kimber 1911's & the problems that they are having with their new kimber guns, part's breaking off etc & the cold shoulder they get when trying to get these problems resolved with cust serv at kimber, this is why when I first decided to get another 1911 I was going with a Kimber but after reading all of the negative stuff I went with a S & W 1911 & I hope that I made the right choice, I will find out when I test it for the breaking in period ?

Old 08-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #56

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockink View Post
UPDATE

The Kimber was returned today. 100% refinished Free of charge. They recoated EVERYTHING! even the parts that were ok.
Just hated going through all the junk to get it fixed. Kimber is back to OK status in my book. Hopefully next time they will be easier to work with. Especially since I've bought 2 more since returning this one.
Based on what you said in this post it makes me question the validity of your first post. After all the complaining you've done about Kimber and a lady named Ann your bottom line statement is: "Kimber is back to OK status in my book." Sorry but that won't unring the bell you set off and on top of that you buy two more guns from Kimber while you're waiting for the first one to be returned. I don't believe any of it. According to you, you supposedly have 10 Kimbers now, yeah, right!!! If you have them then send a picture.
For now I have nothing else to say regarding you and your motives.
Good luck

BTW:
Which gun company do you work for? Glock, the ugliest gun on the face of the earth.

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD