Kimbers customer service... - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimbers customer service...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The gun shop had talked to them. They were the ones who told us a week turnaround, then back through Ann who told them it takes a 3-5 week process. I REALLY love my Kimbers, but with all this run around crap, I think I may have bought my last. Im actually tempted to just go pick it up before the gun shop sends it back, and just keep it how it is.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #42
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3148 Times on 1813 Posts
Likes Given: 1343

Start taking a look at Ed Brown. Best 1911 in my safe.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-30-2010, 05:26 AM   #43

ask the gun shop for the name of the sales rep or factory rep, you are one customer a company like Kimber cannot afford to lose. again like the others have stated........you are the customer and you have choices between a number of high priced 45's
Get the weapon fixed to your standards, not the gun shop, not Kimbers.......yours

yes I have a kimber, and 2 Les Baers, never a problem with them.

good luck

Old 05-30-2010, 05:28 AM   #44

ask the gun shop for the name of the sales rep or factory rep, you are one customer a company like Kimber cannot afford to lose. again like the others have stated........you are the customer and you have choices between a number of high priced 45's
Get the weapon fixed to your standards, not the gun shop, not Kimbers.......yours

yes I have a kimber, and 2 Les Baers, never a problem with them.

good luck

Old 05-30-2010, 05:28 AM   #45

I figured it out today...after owning EIGHT...yes EIGHT Kimbers and spending WELL over $10,000 with Kimber, I would like to think they will do something to make this right.

Last edited by glockink; 05-30-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #46

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockink View Post
I figured it out today...after owning EIGHT...yes EIGHT Kimbers and spending WELL over $10,000 with Kimber, I would like to think they will do something to make this right.
Honest, no offense intended but you are preaching to the choir here. Your problem has been going on for months. I saw your pictures. It did look like poor finishing. You may just not know the whole story and maybe never will.
It sounds like your dealer is telling you what you want to hear but doing nothing. It is just possible that he bought a factory second from Kimber and is just not telling you. Kimber is a dealer direct line. I prefer not to deal with them even though I own a couple Kimbers for personal use. I have never had a problem with any Kimber myself and am very happy with mine.
If you really feel the way you do about Kimber, don't buy anymore.
If you can afford 8 Kimbers, this should not be the end of the world for you. What difference does it make if it takes ten weeks to repair if you have 7 others to shoot?

I sympathize with you but... You need to tell it to someone where its going to count. Write to some gun mags. Write to JD, Moderator at DC. He says he hates Kimber and doesn't even own one. See what 1911.org has to say.

Last edited by sigp250; 05-30-2010 at 06:17 AM.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #47

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I hear more and more about things like this with that company. Don't do much good to stand behind a product if you're not really going to stand behind it. I've had an easier timew getting a used Smith and Wesson fixed than this. and I'm really not a huge Smith fan.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:04 AM   #48

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I hear more and more about things like this with that company. Don't do much good to stand behind a product if you're not really going to stand behind it. I've had an easier timew getting a used Smith and Wesson fixed than this. and I'm really not a huge Smith fan.
I hear what you say from others too. It sure seems like they need to invest in a good PR campaign.
Maybe they don't care. This economy has been very hard on manufacturing. Kimber may be run by poor management. Wages are more than double the national average at the NY location where Kimber is manufactured. They may be using obsolete machinery and can't compete. They have no government contracts, who knows.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:16 AM   #49

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

You know now that I think about it a little it seems they used to be a lot better and it was not all that long ago. I personally don't care for a Kimber all that much but shoot with a couple of guys that are avid fans. One had to send his in for a front sight that disappeared while shooting. He had sent it in to get the sight replaced and they not only did that but went through the weapon and went as far to change a few springs out even and it cost him nothing. That was a few years back though. I would think that in these times where money is tight for everyone that a company that sells a product that comes with the tag they do would be willing to work as hard as a company the likes of High Point to please their customers.

What baffles me most is that more than one person knows of this "Ann" and she has kept a job. And what exactly is this Ann's" interest in denying coverage that effects her in no way. It makes me wonder if there is an Ann there just to maybe save them a little money if possible and when someone complains she is reprimanded to appease the disgruntled firearm owner. I have to wonder just how many times this Ann or team of Anns have been reprimanded? Being there seems to be plenty of people that know of her and her misguided ways concerning company policy.

Maybe my tin foil hat is a little too tight this morning though

Old 05-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #50

Honestly hard to say...guess I'll see in 3-5 weeks...