Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimbers customer service...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockink View Post
she tells me that "holster wear" isn't covered in the warranty
Did you READ my post?? Talk to Dennis do not talk to the lady that answers the phone. Talk to Dennis ask for him, Tell him it is just rubbing off ,don't mention a Holster. Jerry

Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #12

Hadn't called back as of yet...closed for good Friday. But when Monday rolls around I will be calling back. This is just all info that the woman on the phone had given me.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #13

Quote:
I understand but other people have had trouble with this Lady that answers the phone. Dennis would be the one to talk to if you can get him on the phone if not Richard. Both nice guys and should help you out. Let us know. Jerry

Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #14

Quote:
I would bet you that the ladies name you spoke to was "ANN" Jerry

Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #15

That would be her.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #16

Quote:
That would be her.
That is the one everyone is having problems with, Just politely ask for Dennis when you call back.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #17

Thank you, I will do that. Ann was just downright rude, short and snippy. Just seems a little crappy that after owning 6 Kimbers this is the ONLY one I've had problems with, and they don't seem to want to fix it. Hopefully I'll get better results from the other guys.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It does wear off my warrior came with the feed ramp covered in the kimpro finish and all it took was 5 minutes with a copper brush to polish it off. Ive carried this one for about 3 months in a plastic blackhawk serpa holster and its wearing the finish off on the front corners of the slide and frame. I personally think it gives the gun character and I like it , but yours seems to be wearing ridicliously fast and hopefully kimber will make it right.

img_3686.jpg   img_3687.jpg  

Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
:
The way the edges are jagged and uneven tells me the finish is flaking off, not wearing down from abrasion..
Their bad.

All rights reserved. All wrongs revenged.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
So heres the situation...less than a year ago I bought a Kimber Gold Combat RLII for about $2400. This gun was really more of a nice collecting piece, I put 8 rnds through it, cleaned it, and carried lightly for about 2 weeks in a leather holster. Well, I was a little shocked to see my $2400 investment had the kimpro finish wearing off of it already! I had called Kimber's customer service and told them what had happened. They asked to see a picture of the wear. After sending them pictures, they quickly, and rudely dismissed this as holster wear and told me that I could pay to have the slide refinished, needless to say I was a bit ticked off by this and they offered a one time discount of about $50 on a frame and slide refinish. Now after spending what I did on this gun, and as little as it was carried and fired, Id expect the finish to last a little bit longer than what is as. Now I'm not so sure I even want to send this back to them to redo it.
I have owned 7 Kimbers now and have NEVER had a problem like this. Anyone else have a similar dealing with them?
Heres what 8rds, and 14 days of holster wear will so to a $2400 gun:
Your dealer could help since Kimber is sold factory direct to the dealer.

This is not ordinary holster wear. It looks like ten years of wear on a cheap pistol, not the factory custom you purchased.

If the dealer will not help, I think I would send the picture to Kimber corporate and let them know that you will be displaying Kimber's fine craftsmanship at every gun shop, shooting range, gun magazine publisher, on-line gun forum and blog.
They might just offer you a solution.