Kimbers customer service...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimbers customer service...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kimbers customer service...

So heres the situation...less than a year ago I bought a Kimber Gold Combat RLII for about $2400. This gun was really more of a nice collecting piece, I put 8 rnds through it, cleaned it, and carried lightly for about 2 weeks in a leather holster. Well, I was a little shocked to see my $2400 investment had the kimpro finish wearing off of it already! I had called Kimber's customer service and told them what had happened. They asked to see a picture of the wear. After sending them pictures, they quickly, and rudely dismissed this as holster wear and told me that I could pay to have the slide refinished, needless to say I was a bit ticked off by this and they offered a one time discount of about $50 on a frame and slide refinish. Now after spending what I did on this gun, and as little as it was carried and fired, Id expect the finish to last a little bit longer than what is as. Now I'm not so sure I even want to send this back to them to redo it.
I have owned 7 Kimbers now and have NEVER had a problem like this. Anyone else have a similar dealing with them?
Heres what 8rds, and 14 days of holster wear will so to a $2400 gun:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

looks like a flawed finish job to me, they kinda owe you a new gun or a re-finish. Ive put a couple hundred rounds through my xd and carry it all the time and the finish on it is flawless

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:03 AM   #3

Thats kinda what I thought. I shouldn't have to pay to refinish the gun, not to mention the lady I talked to was rather snippy and rude with me. May need to call back and talk to someone a little higher up.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:06 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

that's a shame, should never have to talk to someone like that from a manufacturer of a fine firearm. Maybe they should learn from high point firearms on how to deal with their customers..

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #5

That kinda sucks! I'd call em every day until they knew me by name.
That's way to nice a gun to have to worry about bad quality AND poor customer service.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Please keep us posted as I too was thinking of getting a Kimber for my Birthday in 2 months. But that kind of customer service sucks ! Hope you get the problem fixed with no cost to you. For that kind of money, that finish should be able to withstand at least a year of everyday carry.

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 04-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

For that kind of money it should come out of a nuclear blast unscathed. We are talking about a few pounds of metal costing as much as an entire used car here.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #8

Call back and ask to speak to Dennis on this if not him Richard I have heard
this before on a particular lady there, she needs to go,

Old 04-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #9

I would call back until you get the results you're happy with, maybe ask to talk to a super. I wouldn't settle for just anything...Kimber needs to refinish the slide or completely replace it. Warranty has to mean something with them.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #10

she tells me that "holster wear" isn't covered in the warranty

Last edited by glockink; 04-02-2010 at 02:25 PM.