Kimber won't eat hollowpoints - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber won't eat hollowpoints

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 01:01 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My XD will eat anything I feed it. My Kimber has so far. How's that trigger compare?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
My XD will eat anything I feed it. My Kimber has so far. How's that trigger compare?
Yeah, there is no comparison.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #23

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post

Now, many people would say "my xd,glock,etc will eat everything and it didn't cost near that much.
And we can always retort... "and your plastic fantastic will NEVER have the trigger and reset like ours!"

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 04-01-2010, 04:29 AM   #24

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
. I'm thinking it would probably feed the PowRball hoolopoints with the polymer ball in the tip since it feeds fmj's good.
Federal makes an expanding FMJ round that may also work for you.

http://www.ammoman.com/images/NEW_45+P.jpg

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-01-2010, 04:44 AM   #25

Liked 4822 Times on 2337 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

Goju, I've have my Kimber Eclipse Pro 2 going on 8 years now. I don't remember all the different brands of HP's I ran through it initially but I do recall that 2 of them would not feed reliably. My pro does love Federal Hydra Shock in any weight, eats them all without complaint. I did begin have some FTF's about 6 months ago and figured 8 years of nearly constantly being loaded probably wore out my factory Kimber mags so I replaced them with 8 round Wilson's, 6 of them so I can cycle my carry load, and I'm back to 100% with Hydra's or any FMJ I dedice to plink with. I'd experiment with 4 or 5 different brands before dropping $30 ea for mags. I'm sure you'll find a load your Kimber will chomp through happily.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #26

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

You should probably just go ahead and trade that defective Kimber for a Glock 21...

Old 04-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
You should probably just go ahead and trade that defective Kimber for a Glock 21...
You're right because glocks are badA and eat everythin you put in it once i put some fmj goldots in mine and it shot more than the actual number i put in it somehow i don't know how but it did and all militarry aroud the whirld use glocks on special missions where they get muddy and still shoot underwater 45 gangsta style while drivin and my girlfriend ants a g26with pinky extensions so she can carry it in her leotard thanks for the tips!!

Old 04-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #28

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Dammit, coffee all over the keyboard!

Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Went to the range today. I did some light polishing of the feedramp before going. I don't know if that's what made the difference, but it ate every winchester PDX1 230grain bonded and 185grain Speer Gold Dot I fed it as well as all the wwb's. I guess it's good to go now.

I was going to try some different rounds as well, but they didn't have much in stock.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glad I decided to read this thread. Been having issues with the Para gi I bought. It has had a failed to feed a couple times on me always on the second round of the first mag that i shoot then does fine the rest of the day out. I wrote it off as should have ponyed up more $$$ and bought a better 1911 now it seems a lot of 1911 have this issue. I'll get on bored with I have never had my XD fail to load or jam but my 1911 is more accurate and a more natural pointer as for personal protection that’s why I carry a revolver.

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot