Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Kimber vs. Springfield (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/kimber-vs-springfield-82016/)

Blaze 01-21-2013 01:40 PM

Kimber vs. Springfield
 
I'm a springfield fan, and I'm waiting on the loaded champion but come across a few Kimbers, so just wanted to see the pro's & con's of you guy's opinions ..
Tell me what you get !

badasstruck 01-21-2013 02:01 PM

Funny how you can find kimbers and not springers?? That should give you a hint! Lol
Honestly, I've never shot a kimber, but have heard some bad things as far as what your getting for your money!(have heard good things too btw)
I KNOW I love my two Springers I own( MC Operator and range officer) Awesome shooters and ZERO reliability issues!

InDefenseofLiberty 01-21-2013 02:15 PM

The largest difference between them is that you can buy a used Springfield and have a warranty from an awesome company so that if you EVER have a problem they will fix it no questions.

My sister has a stainless springfield 1911 in 9mm she bought used. It had a occasional fte issue. She sent it to springfield and they not only fixed that issue but they did a bunch of little tweaks and polishing that just make the fit and finish better. This cost her nothing and it runs like a champ now. You will rarely have problems with a major manufacturer anyway (including Kimber) however, it is nice to get support should you need it and Kimber won't give it to you. That pretty much seals it for me.

Kimber? 1 year warranty IF you are the original purchaser. Zero support past that.

otisthecat 01-21-2013 02:25 PM

Have two Kimbers, both are exceptional and I have no regrets. That said, the owner of my LGS and range is a Kimber fanatic, would gladly assist with any issues (haven't had any with either gun), so the crap warranty wasn't an concern for me.

You're really not going to go wrong with either (or Colt, Sig, STI, etc), so just get what works for you.

danf_fl 01-21-2013 02:39 PM

Sorry, but there is no place for Kimbers in my safe.

Blaze 01-21-2013 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have these SA's already and wanting the champion in the worst way and then a colt commander after that

Attachment 80730

Fathead00 01-21-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze
I have these SA's already and wanting the champion in the worst way and then a colt commander after that

Very nice looking firearms!!! Why is it when you get one 1911, they always multiply!!!!:D. BTW what is that top 1911 in the pic? I might have to get one of those.;)

Blaze 01-21-2013 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00

Very nice looking firearms!!! Why is it when you get one 1911, they always multiply!!!!:D. BTW what is that top 1911 in the pic? I might have to get one of those.;)

It's a SA loaded target black & stainless.. I love it.. I bought my first 1911 on Dec. 31st and got the last two on Jan.2nd and 11th ... I'm probably going after the commander in a few weeks.. I'm hooked bad lol

Attachment 80732

otisthecat 01-21-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze (Post 1103770)
It's a SA loaded target black & stainless.. I love it.. I bought my first 1911 on Dec. 31st and got the last two on Jan.2nd and 11th ... I'm probably going after the commander in a few weeks.. I'm hooked bad lol

Attachment 80732

Gorgeous! Was thinking something from STI for 1911 #4, but will have to give SA a serious look!

Blaze 01-21-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otisthecat
Gorgeous! Was thinking something from STI for 1911 #4, but will have to give SA a serious look!

You can't go wrong with a SA very reliable and one of the best warranties around


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.