Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 03:56 AM   #1
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II

Well it looks like I'm close on sealing the deal on a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. Kimber America | Ultra Crimson Carry II Not that much into the laser grip but I expect I can resell them easily (rosewood style). The seller was asking $1,000 for the pistol two holsters, three mags and two boxes of ammo. He claimed it was rare but consider Kimber is still selling them I expect it rare someone drops that much $ on the pistol. I have no interest in the holsters as I'm left handed and I have plenty of ammo. I offered $700 and he accepted. I've seen pictures.He bought it new with less than 200 rounds through it. Seems like a good deal and if I don't like it enough to keep it should be easy to sell at a profit. We are meeting up this comming weekend at a range he is familar with to shoot and buy if all goes well.

Anyone have trigger time with one of these? I expect the 3" barrel will have a bit of jump compared to the 4 1/4" M&P I carry but also expect the metal frame and better trigger will smooth that a great deal.

Thanks in advance,
Will

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2011, 04:18 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

700!! That's a steal for all of that!

Congratulations, I hope all goes well.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:35 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations! It's a handsome pistol and with only 200rds. fired, it's not broken in yet.

The only 3" 1911 I've ever shot was an SA EMP in 9mm. But it didn't really jump at all.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Sounds like you're getting a great deal there Will. While the small alloy 1911s are "snappier" than the full size steel models, they are very controllable and not difficult to shoot well. Be sure to keep spare recoil springs on hand as the baby guns tend to eat them quickly. Replacing them at 500 or so rounds, especially if you use full loads, is not a bad idea. I actually have a batch coming from Wolff right now...

Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You got a deal!! Where are the pics?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-07-2011, 04:43 AM   #6
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

No joy,
We set up a place and time to meet at a range I had never been to. He didn't show up, I called him after he was a half hour late and got VM. Left a message I was going to shoot a bit at the range and would leave my name at the counter, expecting a friend. I bought a box of over priced ball ammo and shot a bit with my phone setting on the bench. Called again when I left went to VM again. When I get home I PM him still haven't got a response.

So the hour drive there was filled with anticipation, the time on the range was good, the drive home sucked. Don't like going home empty handed. The only good I can take from this is next weekend there is a local gun show I should be able to find something to make me feel better.

Still pissed, what ever happened to keeping your word?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

A mans word doesn't mean much anymore. Mostly it's just us dinosaurs and a very small portion of the younger generation that care enough.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-07-2011, 04:51 AM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

WDB that sucks. I am trying to instill the value of a mans word into all my kids. I mean what I say and say what I mean.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #9

If for some reason someone can't make it to an appointment very least a call is in order.

He probably sold it for more money.

Last edited by HAVEGUN; 03-07-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: deleted redundant word

Old 03-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #10

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I can tell a slight difference in 3" alloy frames as compared to steel frames, but in my opinion it's still not as snappy as a .40 in a polymer frame. 3" 1911s are a lot of fun to shoot.