Kimber Ultra Carry II
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber Ultra Carry II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Kimber Ultra Carry II

I'm a 1911 guy and I guess I'm just used to them. My CCW pistol has been my Sistema 1911. However, I bought a Glock 36 for an EDC pistol a while back, but I just couldn't shoot it well. I consistently shot it low. I wanted something smaller and lighter than the 1911, but like I said, I didn't shoot it well.

I didn't like the idea that I had to learn a new grip while I shoot 1911's so naturally. So, after 400 rounds of nicely grouped, consistently low shots, I sold the Glock today.

While I was at the gun shop, I spotted a Kimber Ultra Carry II and asked to handle it. As I was fondling it, the guy said that it was on sale for $150. off the tag price. Not only that, but he had another one still in plastic. I put my proceeds from the Glock right down on it and laid it away. I'll pick it up in a little while.

Since this thread would be useless without pics, here's a link to the Kimber website with the specs on the pistol: Kimber America | Ultra Carry II

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 11-18-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

Nice looking piece! Of course, there is a range report coming, no?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 11-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Congrats! I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Nice looking piece! Of course, there is a range report coming, no?
Of course.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Can't wait to see it ans shoot it, CA!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #6

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

That looks nice - it looks to be about the same size as the SA EMP...
Yes, please let us know how it shoots!

How do the grips (or the stock/butt of the pistol) fit your hand. I wonder about those sized pistols & whether there would be any issues of the butt being too short for my hand. Does your pinkie finger 'fit' or does it hang off the end?

Old 11-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm not a big guy and I don't have large hands. The grip just hits the heel of my hand, but doesn't go all the way to the bottom. I figure with the 3" barrel and the shorter grip that it will be a bit snappy to shoot. However, since I'm a .45ACP guy I don't expect it to be be too bad. My biggest concern will be recovering quickly enough for a follow up shot.

I'm also not that sure about the all black combat sights. After I've had it for a while, I'll most likely have night sights installed. However, it fit my budget without stretching it to the point of breakage, so having the pistol in hand is worth possibly changing out the sights later when I can afford it.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 139

I have one for cc and love it! Shoots accurately , no failures in about 500 rounds. Congrats on your purchase. Terry.

Live free or die

Old 11-19-2011, 12:58 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Terry. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #10

I just picked up the same thing on Friday. What a great gun!