Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Kimber tactical pro II (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/kimber-tactical-pro-ii-22996/)

Gojubrian 02-03-2010 09:05 PM

Kimber tactical pro II
 
Just curious what everyone thinks about this 1911. Anyone with direct experience would help greatly. It has all of the features I want in a pretty good price. Night Sights, llight weight frame, commander frame, magwell,low profille sights, and it's pretty good looking.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411534311

Doesn't look like the Dan Wessons are in my price range anymore, plus I'm not too pleased with the dramatic price hike on the 09 models.

Also, is theere another 1911 out there with all the same features, but maybe better somehow and in the same price range.

Yes, I'm getting a 1911, finally!! It's all you guys fault and I'd like to personally thank a whole bunch of you! J.D., Canebrake, NGIB, Spitinfire, Sarge43, M14srock, lonyeager, SGTMILLER, Shihan and several others!! You have been very helpful here and in pm's.

Orlandorealtor 02-03-2010 10:56 PM

Nice looking Kimber has the extended Magwell. You might look on Sportingarms.com too. A little cheaper than Bud's and has more selection of Kimbers. They have the pro Crimson Carry for 950.00 shipped. Nice look'n gun too, doesn't have the nighsights but comes equipped with the laser grips. Jerry

http://www.kimberamerica.com/images/...n_carry_II.jpg

lonyaeger 02-03-2010 11:13 PM

I had one of those, it's a great pistol. Nice "starter" 1911, goju...you're starting near the top...much higher than I did!

canebrake 02-03-2010 11:24 PM

The Commander size 1911 is the best of the offerings to provide you with a comfortable carry piece!

That's a good choice Goju, you'll be happy with it!

Personally I would spend another $100 and get this Colt Ghost Commander;

0480XSENNC Colt Ghost Commander

A limited edition Colt from Talo. The special run is limited to 400.

Ask Scubie how he likes his. >>http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/my-birthday-present-22889/

Gojubrian 02-04-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orlandorealtor (Post 224120)
Nice looking Kimber has the extended Magwell. You might look on Sportingarms.com too. A little cheaper than Bud's and has more selection of Kimbers. They have the pro Crimson Carry for 950.00 shipped. Nice look'n gun too, doesn't have the nighsights but comes equipped with the laser grips. Jerry

http://www.kimberamerica.com/images/...n_carry_II.jpg

Thanks! I'll look into that site. :)

Gojubrian 02-04-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 224127)
I had one of those, it's a great pistol. Nice "starter" 1911, goju...you're starting near the top...much higher than I did!

:D I'm pretty picky. I'd much rather have a Nighthawk T3, but it's just not practical for me.

Gojubrian 02-04-2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 224132)
The Commander size 1911 is the best of the offerings to provide you with a comfortable carry piece!

That's a good choice Goju, you'll be happy with it!

Personally I would spend another $100 and get this Colt Ghost Commander;

0480XSENNC Colt Ghost Commander

A limited edition Colt from Talo. The special run is limited to 400.

Ask Scubie how he likes his. >>http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/my-birthday-present-22889/

That is a very nice one!!

NGIB 02-11-2010 10:37 PM

As I said in my PM, I owned one of these for a time and it's a nice alloy framed carry gun. I had a Kimber .22 kit on mine a lot of the time and that made for a light, fun, and really expensive .22 for sure...

Rodmaker 02-13-2010 01:45 PM

Pro tac ii
 
I have a Tac II and really like it. I also have a Pro Carry II which is basically the same gun except for the night sights and the mag well, but a lot cheaper. You can get the Pro Carry II for less than $800.00 at Buds and dress it up any way you want to for less. They are very good shooters and Kimber has some of the best customer service.:D (just my 2 cents)

Gojubrian 02-14-2010 05:20 PM

Good advice!


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:24 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.