Kimber super pro carry HD
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber super pro carry HD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default Kimber super pro carry HD

Wanted to make a post about Kimber: I purchased a kimber SPC HD in Nov, put about 100 rds through it, had more than you can cout FTF and failure to return to battery's. I ordered and installed Wolfs springs and Wilison combat clips, put another 200 rds through it still had many and I mean many FTF and FTRBs. I called kimber, sent it back and after almost 5 months I still don't have it back...the kicker is they can't even tell me when I will get it back. The said the frame was warped...this is a custom shop gun, it should have NEVER left there shop. But because I trusted the name KIMBER and believed in there product...I have left my family and myself unprotected. I ask them if there going to give me a new frame anyway, why can't they just give me a new gun, there response was it would take even longer to get me a new gun...so to make up for the trouble, sometime in the future there going to give me 3 of there sh!ty clips...so my advice STAY away from Kimber, also Everytime I have called they act like there doing me a D@mn favor by even looking at it...thanks kimber, just want you all to know, the bullsh!t they put people through.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #2

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

First, it's my understanding that there is no 'custom shop' per say.. Second, it's also my understanding 500 rounds is standard break-in..

Sucks you're having to deal this issue, but every company makes a lemon from time to time.. No company has a 100% quality, it's just not realistic..

Just try to stay calm, being belligerent will get you no where, fast.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Ive been clam, and I understand the break in period...however when you put close to 300 rounds through the gun and it fails more times then you can count...why WASTE anymore ammo. It may just be a lemon but I think 5 months is bullsh!t of a wait. I ordered custom made grips and a custom milt sparks holster both were hand made to fit and I have them both. I hope it adds to the resale value when I do get it back, I'm not going to trust my families life nor mine with it....

Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 AM   #4

Love my Kimber, carry it all day everyday. Sorry you had this experience, and your right, 5omths is excessive. I'll go out on a limb here and say when you get it back, you'll have a very good and reliable firearm and to sell it after all this would equate to a waste of the past 5 months. Just my opinion..
It's also no secret Kimbers CS leaves much to be desired.

DISCE PATI

Old 04-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I've thought about that, however...if the time ever came (and pray that day never comes!) I had to use it to save my family or myself, I don't think I'd have the confidence in it, even if it worked every time at the range. I'll stick with my Khar, 400 rds and counting not once has it failed. Glad yours works, more importantly glad you have confidence in it. I however don't trust them!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 28

My STS has not had a single burp with several different bullet types and brands. My only contact with Kimber was about the missing take-down tool, and they were very helpful. Not to mention that they sent me two for free in case I lost another one! The Crimson Trace grip seems more a gadget than a useful tool, but I also have yet to do any night shooting drills.

I sure hope things go better for you.

Sua Sponte!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3103 Times on 1783 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Sorry to hear of your problems.
My experience does not allow me to have room in my safe for any Kimbers.
Another Dan Wesson? Yes, but no Kimbers.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 264 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Also sorry to hear of your problems. I have 2 Kimbers , a SS a Ultra CDP II, plus a Les Baer and a Colt. I must be lucky or the exception to the rule. I have had no problems except a bad mag. I called Kimber and had a replacement in 10 calendar days. I love the guns. I have had no FTE's and they both shoot better than I can. I plan on buying any Kimber that strikes my fancy without reservations.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Patrick Sperry Likes This 
Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz
Also sorry to hear of your problems. I have 2 Kimbers , a SS a Ultra CDP II, plus a Les Baer and a Colt. I must be lucky or the exception to the rule. I have had no problems except a bad mag. I called Kimber and had a replacement in 10 calendar days. I love the guns. I have had no FTE's and they both shoot better than I can. I plan on buying any Kimber that strikes my fancy without reservations.
Agreed 100%

DISCE PATI

Patrick Sperry Likes This 
Old 04-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I, like you, have very little patience with a product that fails out of the box. In the case of Kimber, I have to say that I have had nothing but great luck. I have a Super Carry Custom HD with ~600 rounds through it. I have had zero(0) malfunctions of any kind. No FTF's. No FTE's. No FTRB's. Flawless performance. This seems so contrary to much of what I read on the forums that it worries me a bit. When you do get your SCP HD back, I would not be surprised if you see similar performance, but I can understand your skepticism.

As for trusting the safety of yourself and family: I have never trusted my protection to any firearm I hadn't personally fed at least 1,000 rounds first. I don't care if it's a 1911 or a Glock, any weapon has to earn my trust (and brand reputation counts for nothing).