Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Kimber super carry custom (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/kimber-super-carry-custom-83840/)

jreed14 02-09-2013 11:02 PM

Kimber super carry custom

I just bought a kimber super carry custom and would like to know if anyone has one and if its reliable. I hear horror stories about kimbers reliability and have bought two in the last week and want thoughts because they will be my carry pistols

Westy 02-09-2013 11:19 PM

Um, not meaning to sound like a jerk, but I would have asked that question before I bought them....

Let me know how they work for you. I've looked at them plenty of times but have the same concerns you do. From everything I've heard they're hit and miss.

jreed14 02-09-2013 11:40 PM

I did ask all the questions, and of course they said it was a great gun straight from the custom shop. The gun is super nice and the fit and finish is very good. I had a Smith & Wesson e series that was very reliable that I sold to fund this gun, I will just hope that this one is reliable also. I do like the feel of it in my hand and its super light which I have mixed feelings about. There is something about the feel of an all steel 1911 in your hand. I guess I will just keep this, hope it is reliable, and save up for a another one

otisthecat 02-10-2013 12:35 AM

I have one that's been perfectly reliable. My one piece of anecdotal evidence doesn't really mean anything though.

jgoertz 02-10-2013 06:42 PM

I have two Kimbers and no problems. Both accurate and trouble free.

blindshooter 02-10-2013 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My father carried this Kimber for many years and probably put 1K or more through it and now I carry it in my purse and have shot it 16 times without any problems.
I too, like the feel of it and the light weight.

limbkiller 02-10-2013 07:18 PM

Kimber doesn't have a custom shop. Hit or miss as far a reliability. One year warranty scares me away.

KimberFan 02-10-2013 07:46 PM

I've shot Kimbers for a long time and never once fell victim to this BS about their "reliability" and the 1 year warranty squawk. I have owned a few of them since the early 90's and never once sent one back for repair. I have put nearly 700 rounds thru my newest Kimber (a Raptor) and not one single hitch. Keep it maintained and oiled and swap the springs out as you use it over time and it'll do you just fine. Same goes with any firearm. Ok...the old guys sits down and shuts up.

Fiskare 02-10-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limbkiller
Kimber doesn't have a custom shop. Hit or miss as far a reliability. One year warranty scares me away.

I own three Kimbers. The super carry custom is my favorite. Seems flawless so far.

jgoertz 02-11-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limbkiller

BS flag is up. I'm looking at my Ultra CDP II and on the side of the slide it says Kimber Custom Shop. Reliability has been perfect.