Kimber-A-Holics
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber-A-Holics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kimber-A-Holics

I love my Kimbers In fact , I am a Kimber-A-Holic......
Lets hear it from all you Kimber lovers and post some pics of your 1911 Kimbers Join up Kimber-A-Holics

#1 Kimber-A-Holic
4th SQD. 7TH Cavalry

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #2

I LOVE KIMBERS TOO! I have been very happy with all of my kimbers. Kimber gets alot of mixed reviews it seems that people either love kimbers (like us) or hate them. I guess some people have malfunctions but I personally have never had one malfunction in any of my three kimbers or in any of the seven total that I have shot. The fit and finishis superb and really when you think about it they are not that much more expensive then some of the less expensive brands, but you get alot of amenities that cost alot more in other brands. I am not going to act like kimber is the all time greatest 1911 in the world because I have not shot them all, but I have been very happy with mine and would recommend them to anyone. Ill post some pics of my Eclipse pro 2, compact stainless 2, and my tactical pro 2 when I get a chance.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I love mine too. Mine are all posted in the gallery under the title "eddies 1911's". The only Kimber i dont have posted yet is the SOLO i recently got. The SOLO has been just like my other Kimbers and has not had even one failure. They truly are great pistols.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm pretty pleased with my Series I custom.......

Old 09-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I recently purchased my first Kimber after a friend bought a crimson trace and allowed me to help with the break in on it. Few weeks after that I came across a Kimber'custom shop' combat carry .45acp I was not familiar with it at all but, it didnt stop me from buying it.
After a little research I discovered its a pretty rare piece. Only 5,000 made and only 1,000 of those released to civilians. After a bot of negotiations I managed to steal it at $700 out the door with the factory mag as well as a Wilson combat and chip McCormick "shooting star" mags.

Absolutely love this 1911 and will never part with it.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 10-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I dont know much about kimbers, but I had the pleasure of shooting a guys kimber at my gun club today. He was having some issues with it. It seemed like the recoil spring wasn't strong enough to slide the slide forward again after firing. It only happened about 3 times out of at least 100 rounds. Aside from that, the gun shot amazing. I tore the red ring right out of the center of the target at about 10 yards. It was an unbelievably accurate gun.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:04 AM   #7

I have a stainless target II with adjustable sights. It shoots beautifully one of my favorite guns in my collection. I pretty much had to buy it after shooting my buddies kimber i fell in love lol.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #8

Well it's a 10mm, so really not a true 1911.
I like it a lot though.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Last edited by Gordo323; 01-22-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #9

I too love my Kimber Ultra.
Shot excellent out of the box and fit and finish were excellent, no jams or FTF's ever. Sadly,I have seen some rough new Kimbers lacking in quality control.