Kimber haters attn please! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber haters attn please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Yeah...early on, it didn't matter the mag in mine either. They all work flawlessly now though. As far as the lengthy post, I appreciate the time and thought that went into it...it's why I asked the question.

Thanks, man
LOL talking about mags, in the Loaded I use the 2 factory Springfield mags, a Wilson Combat, then on a lark I bought a couple of used ones from the range for 10 bucks. These mags look like POS, but the gun works great with them. I just shake my head and keep reloading them.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts

I went to my local gun store to order a Custom Eclipse II target about a yr. and half ago, they usually have about 12-15 guns in display case. I knew going in that they weren't cheap, they had C. E. II with fixed sights right there, being an impulse shopper I didn't want to wait and order one so I bought it. I got home with the gun and took it apart the barrel was like a mirror, but the rest of gun was as dirty as a kid playing in the mud, spent 30min. cleaning and oiling everything. That being said I have never had a problem with it shoots like a dream, I use 230gr. round nose out of it, sorry for the long winded post.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #23

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpuncher

LOL talking about mags, in the Loaded I use the 2 factory Springfield mags, a Wilson Combat, then on a lark I bought a couple of used ones from the range for 10 bucks. These mags look like POS, but the gun works great with them. I just shake my head and keep reloading them.
What a design...no matter the brand. Always nice when you get one of life's NICE little surprises!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #24

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

First off, OP, I want to take my hat off to you. Its not often a thread like this doesn't turn into a pissing match, especially with a title like that, but you've kept it civil.

I don't own a Kimber, but I'm still thinking of getting a 1911 if I can, but I wanted to share this thread. It was a big factor for me, I decided that if I am able to get a 1911, Kimber is no where on the list of possibilities for me. Keep in mind, its not the only factor, but some of the other reviews I've read as well, good and bad.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/now-kimber-our-discontent-51947/

Old 01-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #25

Quote:
4. The VZ grips are non-standard and void the warranty
5. The S&A magwell is non-standard and voids the warranty
6. The safety is non-standard and voids the warranty
7. The trigger is non-standard and voids the warranty

Yup, those grips really are something....lol

Old 01-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #26

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
First off, OP, I want to take my hat off to you. Its not often a thread like this doesn't turn into a pissing match, especially with a title like that, but you've kept it civil.

I don't own a Kimber, but I'm still thinking of getting a 1911 if I can, but I wanted to share this thread. It was a big factor for me, I decided that if I am able to get a 1911, Kimber is no where on the list of possibilities for me. Keep in mind, its not the only factor, but some of the other reviews I've read as well, good and bad.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/now-kimber-our-discontent-51947/
Ha! Thanks....I'm sure some saw the title and thought, "here we go again"

No, I'm not here to start anything...and if anybody feels that I ever cross the line, PLEASE call me on it. I take great pride in having honest debates/discussions. There are so many great products out there...no way everybody comes away happy, and I understand that. If someone's answer is that they just don't feel the same way I do, why would that not be valid? Why would I want to try and sway them one way or another? Let's talk, make up our own minds, and live with our own decisions.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Ha! Thanks....I'm sure some saw the title and thought, "here we go again"

No, I'm not here to start anything...and if anybody feels that I ever cross the line, PLEASE call me on it. I take great pride in having honest debates/discussions. There are so many great products out there...no way everybody comes away happy, and I understand that. If someone's answer is that they just don't feel the same way I do, why would that not be valid? Why would I want to try and sway them one way or another? Let's talk, make up our own minds, and live with our own decisions.
That's how you learn, and that's how 1st timers like we all were at one time or another made our first gun decisions and still make gun decisions.

Every gun that I've bought up to now has turned out exactly as I thought it would after being described and portrayed in multiple threads on multiple sites.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Kimber Negatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
I do not hate Kimber I just do not like two things about them. One being that they only provide a one year warranty on their firearms and two I find their prices are a little high.
+1 on this for sure.

"Those who would give up essential freedoms for a little temporary safety, deserve neither freedom nor safety." Ben Franklin

NRA Benefactor Life
US Army 1972-1980
TSRA Life;GOA Life

Old 01-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #29

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

I own a Kimber ultra covert II and love it, it fires great until it gets dirty from shooting a box or so but my service m16 did as well but I never had an issue with my first couple of mags I fire off down range and in real day to day situations if I need to shoot off more than two mags to fend of a robber, intruder, or what have you, I just might truely be f:/*@ed. I have owned several top dollar pistols from H&K, SIG. I even own some cheaper priced glocks and Smith&Wessons. This Kimber is a top shelf product. If you want a good product that's cheap you need to shop for something with a made in Korea tag because if its made here, its going to cost more because we pay those that make them more than 25 cents an hour.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #30

Liked 35 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well, I think there is always truth to the concern that there will be diminishing quality control due to a more mass production model, but since I have a series 1 custom stainless made when Kimber was still farily new to the game, I cannot realy comment on the current quality issues or why an extended warrenty would even be necesssary.

What I can say is that my Series 1 is a superb 1911 and is very accurate, and not at all picky on ammo. In addtion, any upgrades i did to it using genuine Kimber provided parts were all true 'drop in' mods with no gunsmithing required - a testiment to the precision of the manufacturing.

The mods I did to mine were simple and easy to do, I added a SS arched MSH with mag well, dual safety, new high visability sights (bad eyes), new grips, and removed the full lenge guide rod in favor of a standard guide rod.
With these simple mods, I made the pistol 'my own' and have enjoyed it with several thousand rounds put down range flawlessly.

I'm sure there are good ones and bad ones in any brand, but I have nothing bad to say about my experience with Kimber.