Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber haters attn please!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #101
X-5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 37
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
A dolled up, low end gun? Really?

Which one(s) have you owned?

I wouldn't own a Kimber. I've shot them and was not overwhelmed. Buddies have various models and think they have true semi-customs because of the price they paid for them. Over $1000 for a gun filled with MIM.
__________________
X-5 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #102
SIG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Springfield,Missouri
Posts: 18
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-5 View Post
I wouldn't own a Kimber. I've shot them and was not overwhelmed. Buddies have various models and think they have true semi-customs because of the price they paid for them. Over $1000 for a gun filled with MIM.
__________________
SIG is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #103
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-5

I wouldn't own a Kimber. I've shot them and was not overwhelmed. Buddies have various models and think they have true semi-customs because of the price they paid for them. Over $1000 for a gun filled with MIM.
That's quite the in-depth review. I specifically asked responses be limited to owner, former owners, and those who have shot them extensively.

Up to now, it had been a pro or con...all views welcome. "my buddies are idiots because they paid too much" is not what I'm looking for.

If you are simply here to troll, please stay off of my thread. Thanks.
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #104
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S.E.Michigan,Michigan
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

That's quite the in-depth review. I specifically asked responses be limited to owner, former owners, and those who have shot them extensively.

Up to now, it had been a pro or con...all views welcome. "my buddies are idiots because they paid too much" is not what I'm looking for.

If you are simply here to troll, please stay off of my thread. Thanks.
LOL....Chandler you still trying to keep this thread in check?

I bought a Kahr and their another company that preaches a 200 round breakin period. You would not believe how stiff and tight that gun is. I haven't shot it yet but I'm anxious to see if I have any early issues.
__________________
Paperpuncher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #105
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpuncher

LOL....Chandler you still trying to keep this thread in check?

I bought a Kahr and their another company that preaches a 200 round breakin period. You would not believe how stiff and tight that gun is. I haven't shot it yet but I'm anxious to see if I have any early issues.
Ha ha...yeah. Still tryin'

Friend of mine had a Kahr, in .45....little bitty sucker. Ran real well, felt good in my hand. I loaded it w/5 rounds and handed it back after firing two! The recoil was WICKED! 9mm prob would be perfect, tho. It was still a nice little gun.

Good luck w/it.
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #106
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S.E.Michigan,Michigan
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Ha ha...yeah. Still tryin'

Friend of mine had a Kahr, in .45....little bitty sucker. Ran real well, felt good in my hand. I loaded it w/5 rounds and handed it back after firing two! The recoil was WICKED! 9mm prob would be perfect, tho. It was still a nice little gun.

Good luck w/it.
Yeah, I got the 9, I couldn't imagine shooting one of those in a .45, it has to beat you up real good.

I bought it for summer carry so hopefully any issues if I have any will be resolved by then.

Kimber isn't the only one with a break in period which is what my point is.
__________________
Paperpuncher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #107
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpuncher

Yeah, I got the 9, I couldn't imagine shooting one of those in a .45, it has to beat you up real good.

I bought it for summer carry so hopefully any issues if I have any will be resolved by then.
They seem to have a good reputation. I've not researched them extensively, but I don't hear any continuous Kahr bashing, so I assume they are pretty good little pistols.

Let me know how it goes w/it. I'm curious about the 9mm.
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #108
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpuncher

Yeah, I got the 9, I couldn't imagine shooting one of those in a .45, it has to beat you up real good.

I bought it for summer carry so hopefully any issues if I have any will be resolved by then.

Kimber isn't the only one with a break in period which is what my point is.
Yeah, I hear ya. And I know some have a problem with that break-in. Which is fine...it's a legitimate concern. I don't have a problem with people voicing their displeasure with 'em. The warranty is also an issue for some. I get that too.

But that last guy, his 4th post as a new member is to jump on a thread and start trolling about a pistol he neither owns nor has any experience with to speak of? I'm just tired of that crap, Puncher.
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #109
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: S.E.Michigan,Michigan
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

They seem to have a good reputation. I've not researched them extensively, but I don't hear any continuous Kahr bashing, so I assume they are pretty good little pistols.

Let me know how it goes w/it. I'm curious about the 9mm.
Check out slickguns.com and look for the CM9. Their letting them go pretty darn cheap to compete with the NANO and LC9.


I understand. You've done an admirable job on this thread.
__________________
Paperpuncher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #110
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DodgerBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maricopa county, AZ
Posts: 769
Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

Taurus thinks Kimber's use of MiM is out of control.

And buying a gun thats needs 500+ to "break in" is crazy!! That's like getting a pair of shoes at feel terrible and tight. You hate them. But the salesman tells you, "it's ok, they just need to be broke in." Would you still buy those shoes because it noted they need a break in period? Hell no! I want my shoes feeling good as I walk out the store and my gun shooting straight right out of the box.

I took my 899.99 +tax and bought a SIG 1911

__________________

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

DodgerBlue is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Attn. all 1911 guys. rdk45 Semi-Auto Handguns 16 10-11-2011 04:31 PM
attn Gello ... dog2000tj The Club House 0 08-10-2011 11:00 AM
Even cat haters will smile. spittinfire The Club House 25 11-24-2010 12:42 AM
Calling all 1911 Haters! NGIB 1911 Forum 46 09-06-2010 01:15 AM