Kimber haters attn please!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber haters attn please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default Kimber haters attn please!

As a new member here, I've now seen a couple of threads in which Kimbers are spoken of very negatively. I must say this is new to me. I'm not trying to start a pissing match here, nor am I out to change anyone's mind about them. I think it's futile and besides that, I don't work for Kimber so I could care less about cheering for them. That said, I do own two of them, and once they were properly broken in they have performed flawlessly. Which leads to my question...to those of you that don't at all like them, what specifically shaped your opinion? Please go into detail, and I would like to respectfully ask that replies be limited to those who have owned or have some considerable time spent shooting them. Please no "I shot my buddies at the range one day", etc. Just trying to get all the info I can about stuff I have.

Thanks guys.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1198 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 499

I own a Kimber, it is Crimson Carry Pro. It has shot just fine from day one.

No matter what the brand is, there is someone that will say they had problems. If you are satisfied with your pistols, don't worry be happy. Especially when reading opinions on the internet.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn
I own a Kimber, it is Crimson Carry Pro. It has shot just fine from day one.

No matter what the brand is, there is someone that will say they had problems. If you are satisfied with your pistols, don't worry be happy. Especially when reading opinions on the internet.
Yes, you are absolutely right. I would still like to know any specific problems. Are they recurring? Do they all have the same issues with them? Just would like to know. That's all. Thanks for the support tho...

Old 01-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #4

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Everyone gets to have an opinion. The issue at hand is...is the opinion given respectfully? I'm not a Taurus fan, but I'm never a hater. For example.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 01-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Stick around long enough and you will see there is a hater for all brands out there... there are believe it or not Colt haters Smith & Wesson haters... I know it crazy but people have their opinions and they come to these forums to express them ahhwhatayagonnado

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgnwdc
Stick around long enough and you will see there is a hater for all brands out there... there are believe it or not Colt haters Smith & Wesson haters... I know it crazy but people have their opinions and they come to these forums to express them ahhwhatayagonnado
Yep...I get it. My intention is not to solicit opinions though. If you guys are saying it's just the "haters gonna hate" phenomenon, I can respect that. And I have no prob with it either. But at times I'm walking around with one of these pistols stuffed IWB, and if there is a commonality to the dissatisfaction...I'd rather find out here than when I am part of the bad guy's sight picture. That's all I'm sayin'. Thanks for the replies y'all.

JC

Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51
As a new member here, I've now seen a couple of threads in which Kimbers are spoken of very negatively. I must say this is new to me. I'm not trying to start a pissing match here, nor am I out to change anyone's mind about them. I think it's futile and besides that, I don't work for Kimber so I could care less about cheering for them. That said, I do own two of them, and once they were properly broken in they have performed flawlessly. Which leads to my question...to those of you that don't at all like them, what specifically shaped your opinion? Please go into detail, and I would like to respectfully ask that replies be limited to those who have owned or have some considerable time spent shooting them. Please no "I shot my buddies at the range one day", etc. Just trying to get all the info I can about stuff I have.

Thanks guys.

How old is your Kimber?

Old 01-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpuncher

How old is your Kimber?
I want to say the custom II is 5 years old...I'd have to look to be sure. The crimson pro carry is one year newer. I know the C II I partially paid for with the "Bush stimulus check" I found in my mailbox one day...whenever that was. And I'll be honest, when I got the first one, I had every malfunction one can have. And about the next person I talked to that told me I was probably "limp wristing" it was gonna get popped in the eye! I finally found a Colt guy of all people, that told me they needed about 250 rds of heavier grain ammo to get broken in....I haven't had a failure since. (lengthy answer to your simple question. Sorry).

Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I do not hate Kimber I just do not like two things about them. One being that they only provide a one year warranty on their firearms and two I find their prices are a little high.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 01-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #10

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I have two Kimbers and have never been more pleased.

My Tactical Pro II is 6 years old with 3,000+ rounds through it. Never had one failure of any kind.

My CDP Ultra II is only two months old with 400 rounds through it, and it has never had a failure either. This has become my every day carry gun.

I am currently working on building a 1911 and I am using a complete slide assembly that is Kimber.

From what I have read on here, most complaints about Kimber is either the CS sucks, or people gripe about only getting a one year warrenty.

I have never needed to contact CS so I cannot comment on that, and after 6 years my first Kimber has never needed any work. As far as their firearms go my first hand experiance has been great.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.