Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Kimber Eclipse 2 10mm (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/kimber-eclipse-2-10mm-82926/)

lbwar15 01-31-2013 12:14 AM

Kimber Eclipse 2 10mm

Thanking about picking up a kimber eclipse 2 in 10mm. Just a few questions about kimber before I spend $1,300.

How is kimbers customer service?
Is there any problem reloading for a kimber?
Is there a problem with cast bullets or non jacketed?

scottmac 01-31-2013 12:22 AM

I've never used Customer Service in five years.

Sorry, I don't reload.

It's never failed to feed or eject with any mixture of mags (Colt or Kimber), or ammo (Remington, Federal, PPU, Hornady CD ) ... Anything I've tried has worked, and is as accurate as I'd expect or better.

Olympus 01-31-2013 12:27 AM

Kimber has a reputation for terrible customer service. Just Google Kimber customer service and see what you find.

As for reloading the 10mm, I reload for mine. The problem with cast lead bullets is that you need to keep the velocities very low in order to prevent leading of the barrel. And then what's the point of owning a 10mm if you can't shoot a fireball? I only shoot jacketed bullets in my reloads.

lbwar15 01-31-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus
Kimber has a reputation for terrible customer service. Just Google Kimber customer service and see what you find.

As for reloading the 10mm, I reload for mine. The problem with cast lead bullets is that you need to keep the velocities very low in order to prevent leading of the barrel. And then what's the point of owning a 10mm if you can't shoot a fireball? I only shoot jacketed bullets in my reloads.

Hopefully I won't need to use there customer service.

You have a point with the cast bullets. That would be like cutting it back to a .40.

Olympus 01-31-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15 (Post 1117167)

Hopefully I won't need to use there customer service.

You have a point with the cast bullets. That would be like cutting it back to a .40.

After the first year it won't matter anyway. Their warranty is only good for one year.

canebrake 01-31-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus (Post 1117135)

Can't you gas-check the cast lead bullet?

Olympus 01-31-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 1117875)

Can't you gas-check the cast lead bullet?

Don't know. I shoot my 10s too hot to risk it.