Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Kimber custom tle/rl or rl pro? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/kimber-custom-tle-rl-rl-pro-50940/)

drewposi 10-31-2011 09:51 PM

Kimber custom tle/rl or rl pro?

Hey guys I'm about to buy my first 1911 and have pretty much narrowed it down to the the custom 2 tle just can't decide if I want the full size or the pro anyone have any input for me? Does the shorter barrel really affect the operation and accuracy or the gun?

wewaslim 10-31-2011 10:42 PM

Tle

If it's your first 1911, I would definitely suggest you start with a full-size pistol. It will be easier to shoot, with less felt recoil, and is usually more tolerant of "limp wristing". I have a TLE, and would recommend it to anyone. It's very accurate and reliable. I've had no issues at all with mine. Bill.

Alpha1Victor 10-31-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewposi
Hey guys I'm about to buy my first 1911 and have pretty much narrowed it down to the the custom 2 tle just can't decide if I want the full size or the pro anyone have any input for me? Does the shorter barrel really affect the operation and accuracy or the gun?

I cant take you seriously with a profile picture like that. But ill get over it. Why kimber? There are better choices for the under $1500 range. Maybe a springer? Kimber are mantle warriors. Nothing more.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

MrWray 10-31-2011 11:52 PM

Seeing your photo i thought i was on facebook for a second.... If you have the 1k or more for a kimber why dont you look at the fullsize gvt colts or the loaded SA...IMO they are a better deal

drewposi 11-01-2011 12:59 AM

Hahaha my phone added that photo for some reason I didn't even realize it was there haha I was thinking maybe the SA loaded

drewposi 11-01-2011 01:04 AM

All the swat guys I work with keep telling me the tle/rt is pretty damn nice but then I talk to my firearms instructor and he tells me go colt or SA all the way. Save a little
Money and still get a gun that will always perform and be reliable.

HOSSFLY 11-01-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewposi (Post 616334)
PHP Code:

All the swat guys I work with 

keep telling me the tle/rt is pretty damn nice but then I talk to my firearms instructor and he tells me go colt or SA all the way. Save a little

I cant take your avator OR that statement seriously :rolleyes:

Alpha1Victor 11-01-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewposi
All the swat guys I work with keep telling me the tle/rt is pretty damn nice but then I talk to my firearms instructor and he tells me go colt or SA all the way. Save a little

Are you a law enforcement officer?

drewposi 11-01-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor

Are you a law enforcement officer?

Yes I am in st Pete fl

Alpha1Victor 11-01-2011 02:06 AM

Cool.