Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Kimber Custom II (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/kimber-custom-ii-53660/)

fatmidgets 12-15-2011 10:49 PM

Kimber Custom II

I am looking to buy a 1911, as a first pistol. So how do you 1911 fanatics feel about the Kimber custom 2? Or any other recommendations? I will mostly use it for target shooting so only full size models, and nothing over $1,000.

aandabooks 12-15-2011 11:15 PM

My dealer has a Kimber Custom II that is used for sale. Looks to be a really nice handgun. I've handled it and cosmetically it is flawless. It is all blued with nice wood checkered grips. He wants $750 for it.

fatmidgets 12-15-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks
My dealer has a Kimber Custom II that is used for sale. Looks to be a really nice handgun. I've handled it and cosmetically it is flawless. It is all blued with nice wood checkered grips. He wants $750 for it.

I was kind of just looking for input, but I appriciate the offer.

jjfuller1 12-16-2011 12:00 AM

recently we had a member expreince horrible customer service and many issiues with his kimber. ive also heard so from other people. so i think its kind of hit and miss. i like how they look but when i get my first 1911 i think it will be a colt or SA

trip286 12-16-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1
recently we had a member expreince horrible customer service and many issiues with his kimber. ive also heard so from other people. so i think its kind of hit and miss. i like how they look but when i get my first 1911 i think it will be a colt or SA

I hear you on that one, that's how I'm leaning too.

I remember the issues your talking about too, they voided his warranty because he changed the grips. THE GRIPS. That's like your car's warranty being voided because you change the tires, totally ridiculous.

Myself, I wouldn't get a Kimber, but I can't base that off personal experience as I've never fired one of their guns or owned one. I just don't like the things I keep hearing about them.

aandabooks 12-16-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmidgets (Post 653072)
I was kind of just looking for input, but I appriciate the offer.

Wasn't making an offer. Just giving a price point on what a used one is going for where I shop at. Something for reference if you find yourself shopping for one and might help you know if you're getting a good deal.

pranc2 12-16-2011 03:49 AM

i just sent my back to kimber as you can read my thread about it all. i dont know if you were referring to me but i havent had any customer service issue with kimber at all. actually one of the best i have dealt with concerning CS. however the solution will determine if i buy another one or not. and shooting it.... well awesome.. out of the box you get every bit of what you pay for. at least i always felt so.

as far as your first 1911. full size is a good choice and steel frame also good choice. highly recommended steel frame (my only regret). also make sure that you like the sights since you will be shooting it alot. i really dont enjoy shooting GI sights. but SA and colt do make a very nice 1911.

kalepas 12-16-2011 04:20 AM

Range officer by SA is the way to go. Especially if ur just target shooting mostly. Brand new under 850 at most places!

danf_fl 12-16-2011 09:24 AM

I do not own a Kimber.
There are personal reasons why.

mtbfarms 12-16-2011 11:01 AM

Give the STI spartan a look.

Just a thought. If it is mainly a target gun and a 1911 is what your after, you can get one in 9mm. Much cheaper to buy and reload.