Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Kimber CDP (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/kimber-cdp-84107/)

deadsp0t 02-13-2013 01:53 PM

Just picked up this CDP in a trade, it belonged to a friend and has spent most of its life in a safe.
The gun performs flawlessly. I have a couple questions.
1) What's the difference between mine and CDPII?

2) what are some things to watch out for? Example I've read things about the recoil springs and mags. Right now I have a Kimber mag and a Wilson combat.

This my 1st 1911 and Kimber so all advice is welcome.

Thanks!

deadsp0t 02-13-2013 01:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 85217

Attachment 85218

Attachment 85219

Attachment 85220

Max-Q 02-13-2013 11:01 PM

Nice gun. I thought I read about the original CDP on their website a few years ago. If I remember correctly it was a special run of guns from their custom shop. They were so well received and sought after they decided to produce the CDP line of guns and that's when the II version started.

This article talks about the original limited production run www.savvysurvivor.com/gear_reviewKIMBER_CDP.htm

deadsp0t 02-14-2013 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max-Q
Nice gun. I thought I read about the original CDP on their website a few years ago. If I remember correctly it was a special run of guns from their custom shop. They were so well received and sought after they decided to produce the CDP line of guns and that's when the II version started.

This article talks about the original limited production run www.savvysurvivor.com/gear_reviewKIMBER_CDP.htm

Very interesting read, thanks for posting that. I was not able to find anything about the early CDP's

Max-Q 02-14-2013 04:38 AM

I bought mine in 2008 and I did a little research on the gun. I found a lot of info about their limited production guns on their site. I guess they took it down since then.

My Ultra CDP has been an amazing gun. Zero malfunctions after hundreds of rounds and incredibly accurate out of the box.

I hope you enjoy your new gun.

deadsp0t 02-14-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max-Q
I bought mine in 2008 and I did a little research on the gun. I found a lot of info about their limited production guns on their site. I guess they took it down since then.

My Ultra CDP has been an amazing gun. Zero malfunctions after hundreds of rounds and incredibly accurate out of the box.

I hope you enjoy your new gun.

Thanks, been in love with this gun for awhile and finally got a chance to make it mine and jumped all over it! Hearing they were done in limited quantity makes me love it that much more!

limbkiller 02-14-2013 10:22 PM

Kimber does not have a custom shop for Gods sake. Nice gun and congrats.

KimberFan 02-14-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limbkiller (Post 1137865)
Kimber does not have a custom shop for Gods sake. Nice gun and congrats.

As long as they word it on their pistols they do. ;)

deadsp0t 02-14-2013 10:38 PM

Wait.. What?! :confused:

otisthecat 02-14-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadsp0t (Post 1137881)
Wait.. What?! :confused:

They all come off the same line, the ones labeled "Custom" just get a little more attention & have a few more bells & whistles than the regular. At the end of the day you got a great firearm, don't stress about it.