Kimber Aegis Ultra Vs Colt Talo New Agent 9mm

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber Aegis Ultra Vs Colt Talo New Agent 9mm

View Poll Results: If you could only choose one, which would you choose?
Kimber Aegis Ultra 3 42.86%
Colt Talo New Agent 9mm 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kimber Aegis Ultra Vs Colt Talo New Agent 9mm

I am very interested in a 3" 9mm 1911 and these two seem like two of the best. Anyone who has shot both please way in on your opinion. They are both about the same price. I am leaning torwards the Kimber because the night sights are better and the front strap is more detailed. Please way in.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2011, 02:00 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would personally go with the Colt for the main reason that Kimber does not offer a lifetime warranty whereas Colt does.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5501 Times on 2872 Posts
Likes Given: 357

ive got a new agent in 45acp. i really like the lack of traditional sights. in a true self defense situation sights just serve to get snagged on stuff. if you got time to aim, the trench sight of the new agent serves very very well.

the 45acp is very controllable and very fast on follow up shots. i would imagine the 9mm version would be even more so.

the only negative i an think of going 9mm over 45acp is spare mags for 9mm chambering arent easy to find nor terribly cheap without a lot of options. i know my 45 version uses regular full size mags just fine. this means you can use the small one it comes with then full size mags for reloads.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-16-2011, 02:42 AM   #4

Jon: I agree traditional sights would most likely not be needed Ina self defense situation, but I really enjoy target shooting as well and would like the sights for that.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5501 Times on 2872 Posts
Likes Given: 357

you know that any small ccw type gun is only good for a few yards maybe 10-15 at the most. recoil springs in these ultra small carry guns need to be changed every 500 rounds or so.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #6

Jon: I am aware of their accuracy. It really depends on the shooter. I have a Sig P238 that I shoot all the time with unbelievable accuracy. It took requires a frequent spring change.