kimber? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

kimber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6787 Times on 3608 Posts
Likes Given: 506

For the price you pay for a kimber you could get a much better colt or springfield.

Personally kimber cs sucks really bad. Bought a 22conversion for my 1911 i wanted a blued one they shipped a stainless in a box marked blued and refused to swap it out for blued unit. Ended up selling it as it didnt really function well and couldnt get much in the way of help.

I wont buy any of their products after that goat rope.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 05-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #12

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2032 Times on 1124 Posts
Likes Given: 6091

Happy with the Kimber (ultra ii covert).

I called Kimber Customer service asked for a replacement extractor. They wanted me to send it in. I said no. They sent the extractor. Extractor is installed and working fine.

I may have been the cause of the first extractor. Flitz? probably not. Slide released on chambered round? most likely.

Anyway, I hear complaints about Kimber, just wanted to share a good story.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 7

They must be doing something right because they sell allot of them and they are not cheap.

HOTTY TODDY!!!!
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have multiple Kimbers and never a problem. Bought a Solo just before Christmas....wouldn't run a mag without a failure. Sent it back and after 2 months got it back. Told me they couldn't find a prob but replaced the extractor as a matter of course. I tried recommended ammo and I still couldn't keep it running. No way I could trust it so traded it on Sig P220 Extreme.

Never a hiccup on my 3,4 and 5 inch Kimbers. It's a good thing Kimber makes such a fine gun (less the Solo) because service is marginal at best. They eluded to mr not holding the gun properly and all that stuff. I have XDs, PM45, multiple XDm's, Sig 938 and multiple Glocks...no problems.

If you want a carry .45 try the 3" Raptor...sweet.