Kimber
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Kimber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kimber

Looking at Kimber 1911's. Specifically the Pro Raptor 2. Any comments on any Kimber pistols would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny
Looking at Kimber 1911's. Specifically the Pro Raptor 2. Any comments on any Kimber pistols would be appreciated.
Just opened up a whole lot of comments....I like kimbers. Couple friends have had them. My brother has one. Two friends kimbers worked good, brothers had a bunch of problems right out of the box. After about 1500 rds he doesn't have problems with it. The fit and finish of kimbers are nice and accurate as all get out. I just don't understand the plastic mainspring housing kimber puts in....good luck!

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #3

I personally have three kimber 1911s and have shot 7 total even single one of them has functioned flawlessly, along with all of them being exceptionally accurate, much more accurate than I am. I have over 1000 rounds down the pipe in all three of mine and they run as well as the day I bought them. The thing that has always intrigued me about kimber's is that you get so many features that are usually exculisive to extremly expensive custom 1911s. Match grade barrel, trigger, and chamber all come standard on all kimbers and for the price you actually get quite a bit. And I say if it ain't broke don't fix it, mine have been awesome you would be well served with a kimber purchase.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #4

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Had the Pro Raptor 2... Great gun!! Sold it for financial reasons, but I never had any issues with it.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #5

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

I'm a big sig 1911 fan now, have you looked at those? Couple hundred dollars less than the kimbers. Match grade trigger, barrel, sear...front strap checkering and most have night sights. Check em out

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Last edited by g17frantz; 09-26-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #6

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny View Post
You mean Mimber 1911s?

Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
I'm a big sig 1911 fan now, have you looked at those? Couple hundred dollars less than the kimbers. Match grade trigger, barrel, sear...front strap checkering and most have night sights. Check em out
Have to agree with ya! The first 1911 I had fired was a Sig Sauer 1911 and boy did it get me hooked.

Regarding Kimber 1911's, Kimber makes a fine 1911. My only qualms with Kimber is that they only have a 1 year warranty, but other than that their 1911's are great!

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 09-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You will have a mixed array of answers, some like myself have never had an issue, and then there are the others on the other side.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 09-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny View Post
Ronny, I have the Raptor and I love it. I have NEVER had a failure with it. It feels great, looks great and shoots great. You cannot go wrong getting this pistol bro. Good luck, Ed

Old 09-27-2011, 04:33 AM   #10

Thank for all the info everyone!