Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   kimber 1911 custom 2 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/kimber-1911-custom-2-a-47288/)

paccerelli 08-23-2011 02:26 PM

kimber 1911 custom 2

well i finally got one i love it I've already started working on it so far I've added crimson trace grips , 3 port compensator , extended slide release , magwell i still have to put my trijon tritium night sights on it and extended mag release

so i guess what i am asking is what should i do next ? or have done to it ?

although i must say i hate the full length guide rod makes life a pain when disassembling lol

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/stat...00&sensor=true

Firearms4ever 08-23-2011 03:38 PM

Personally I would have left it stock so I could get use to it and see if there might be anything that I needed to tweek or if running it stock was just right for me. I would suggest you shoot it a good bit and get use to it before considering modifying it anymore than you have.

canebrake 08-23-2011 03:41 PM

Sounds to me like you bought the wrong gun??

AznZOhAn 08-23-2011 06:56 PM

Sounds like lack if research before buying and you bought the wrong gun.

Olympus 08-23-2011 07:06 PM

Do whatever you want with it. There is such a wide variety of parts and pieces to customize your 1911 that you shouldn't run out of idea.

I'd spend less time worrying about what other people think you should have done to your gun and just make it the YOU want it. I like to add my own personal style to my 1911s and it's rare that I own a 1911 that will look exactly like someone else's. That's the beauty of it, you can make it your own and who cares what anyone else thinks about it. If it looks, feels, and shoots good to you, that's all that really matters.

jismail 08-23-2011 07:43 PM

I'm not sure why folks would think you bought the wrong gun based on the mods you have done - seldom does anybody leave their rifle or pistols 'stock' and often change everything from rifle stocks, sights, performance type parts, grips, etc etc...
That being said, I think many parts on the 1911 pistol are swapped out for personal taste and looks reasons as opposed to actual improvements to the platform. Others, like compensators, are subject to great debate on just how valueable of a mod they are. Bottom line, As long as you are happy with the performance you are getting out of the mods you are making, then I say good for you.. the nice thing about the 1911 is that if you don't like a mod, you'er typically only out the cost of the part and you can easily reverse the mod. It's your pistol, make it the way you want and if that includes adding parts that are more 'visual' then performance based, that's okay too - as long as you like it.

CA357 08-23-2011 07:49 PM

Congratulations. New guns are a good thing. :D

If you're not happy with it, sell or trade it and get what you want. Trust me, it's very common and no big deal. The alternative is to change out a few parts and make it what you want it to be.

Don't sweat the small stuff, do what you want. :cool:

Firearms4ever 08-24-2011 12:46 AM

Well I went to the local Tobacco Outlet last friday and thought I would try a different brand of cigar. I settled on trying the Playboy and I'm glad I did. These babies are going to have a permanent spot in humidor along with my Romeo y Julieta Reserva Reals. They're a tad strong for my tastes, but not unenjoyable. I smoke more mild to medium cigars like the Romeo and Julietas, but when I want a good kicking cigar I'm definately going for the Playboys.

EMTchad 08-24-2011 06:17 AM

Lol dang.. How come people are saying he bought a wrong gun lol, I would feel sad if people said this when I purchased my first 1911 as a SPRINGFIELD MOTHA EFFING ARMORY BABY!

paccerelli 08-24-2011 12:09 PM

I dont feel I bought the wrong fun at all I just love working on them there's always room for improvement I think just my opinion anyways