Joining the club in less than 24 hours! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Joining the club in less than 24 hours!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
springfield loaded. so yeah the full guide rod. i'll need the allen wrench.
also, in tools, i meant the accessories needed to properly clean and lube.

turns out i need to wait the 3 days after i sign my transfer. DOH. friday is the day.
I suggest ditching the FLGR. They are an unnecessary complication with dubious benefits.

Use grease on 1911s. XF7 is great, but a can of synthetic wheel bearing grease from your local auto parts store will last a lifetime.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #32

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I suggest ditching the FLGR. They are an unnecessary complication with dubious benefits.

Use grease on 1911s. XF7 is great, but a can of synthetic wheel bearing grease from your local auto parts store will last a lifetime.
Thanks for the heads up.

It's definitely a shooter, but I am having a weird fail to feed on the first round of a full 8 rnd mag. If I only load 7 it cycles flawlessly. Thoughts on the feed ramp and how to fix? It seems to be a similar problem to the one that CA357 was having, but like I said it's only on the first round of a full mag.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 02-26-2011, 04:20 AM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

all 1911 have tight tolerances and i believe all have some break in period. so maybe she has to get to know herself. stock mag? are you pulling the slide all the way back and letting go? dome shaped projectiles? all i could think of.

hope you guys get the conceal carry. we have the "travel law" in texas which says you can carry it in your car anywhere in the state. the law is a bit cloudy and as long as you are not breaking any other law(i.e. dwi ,drugs or something like that) (no problem here) and tell the officer if necessary you would not have any problems.

any pics?