Jiggly Trigger Question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Jiggly Trigger Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Jiggly Trigger Question

I just picked up my pt1911 and while it shoots great I notice the trigger has alot of play to it. In fact it kinda jiggles if you move the gun around a bit. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #2

Default loose trigger

My opinion would be to install an after market trigger to resolve the problem.I prefer Wilson Combat or Chip Mccormick because they have overtravel adjustment screws and they also have trigger take-up tabs to allow for minimal travel.I would also suggest you dont get a drop in trigger as it may do just that,drop in and wiggle like your factory trigger.With very little mechanical knowledge,you can file and polish a trigger to get a perfect fit.

Last edited by sweet45; 07-07-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by swearlikeasailor View Post
I just picked up my pt1911 and while it shoots great I notice the trigger has alot of play to it. In fact it kinda jiggles if you move the gun around a bit. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
I believe the adjustments available on the PT 1911 are almost nil, so if you are worried about it, getting a true gunsmith to put in a custom one, tuned to your personal preferences and weight of pull would be my best recommendation. A good smith can do a job like that real quick and have a short turn around, probably an hour or two tops of shop time if some real internal work isn't needed. A quality smith will generally have a several month backlog on big projects, but have whole days dedicated to small jobs for quick turn around to pay the bills.