Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   IWB holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/iwb-holster-20590/)

Flint Rock 11-30-2009 08:12 PM

IWB holster

I'm planning on ordering this holster for a Commander size gun that I have on order.
Bianchi 120 Covert Option Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand 1911 Government Leather Brown - MidwayUSA
Has anyboby used THIS holster? I would love to hear some words of wisdom on it.

CA357 11-30-2009 08:40 PM

I like Bianchi holsters and have owned or still own a few. They are good quality, tough and will give good service. I'm not familiar with that particular model. But, it might be a bit thick with the insert.

I'm just thinking in terms of slim design and concealibility. Good luck.

JMB1 12-02-2009 05:46 PM

I've had other bianchi's that were fine holsters not familer with that one. Check out the crossbreed supertuck for about the same money, by far the most comfortable holster I have ever owned.. I carry a comander size 45 you almost forget you have it on. use the code NRA get 10 percent off your order.

keroseneburner 12-03-2009 02:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I own one of them. I bought it for a 3" 1911 and used it a bit. The way that the front belt loop is set up it tends to create a bigger bulge in the waistband. It is fairly comfortable and well made. However some of the material is a little thin.

I bought a D.H. Bullard "Dual Carry" and I haven't used the Bianchi again. The profile in the waistband is much more flat and the weight is spread out over a larger area. They are very comfortable. I wear one from 8-10 hours a day at times. They are about the same price as the Bianchi and also well made. I received both of mine within 2 weeks of ordering. Take a look at DHBullardleather.com.

themyst 12-06-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keroseneburner (Post 193473)
I bought a D.H. Bullard "Dual Carry" and I haven't used the Bianchi again. The profile in the waistband is much more flat and the weight is spread out over a larger area. They are very comfortable. I wear one from 8-10 hours a day at times. They are about the same price as the Bianchi and also well made. I received both of mine within 2 weeks of ordering. Take a look at DHBullardleather.com.

Glad to come across your post. I just ordered a TCC Custom Fit IWB MOB for my SR9 from D.H. Bullard. I can hardly wait!!!

Flint Rock 12-06-2009 05:51 PM

I have looked at the Bullard holsters. They look good and the price doesn't seem bad either, but I think I will go with a Milt Sparks, Versa Max 2 instead.

slowryde45 12-06-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keroseneburner (Post 193473)
I own one of them. I bought it for a 3" 1911 and used it a bit. The way that the front belt loop is set up it tends to create a bigger bulge in the waistband. It is fairly comfortable and well made. However some of the material is a little thin.

+1

I use the Bullard Dual Carry for my Kimber Ultra, and also one for my Springfield XD9 SC. I still have a Comp-tac Minotaur, but since getting the Bullard, it sees the most carry.

Slo

ckwing13 12-17-2009 11:37 PM

I use a IWB holster for my Kimber Ultra Carry. Its the best way I've found to carry concealed. I have one of these for for both full size and compact

Bianchi 100 Professional Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Browning Hi-Power, 1911 Government Leather Tan - MidwayUSA

Old Soldier 12-20-2009 01:34 AM

I have a 25 ACP SigSauer P-220 and a Taurus 1911 in 45 ACP but find it difficult to find holsters to fit them because they BOTH have rails for lights, lasers, etc. I was fortunate to find a Galco thunb-break hoster that this one hoster fits BOTH of the so I have one holster that fits 2 different 45's :>)

The info stamped on the back of the hoster is --GALCO, F719WC, FL248

I hope this helps and I also have 2 Milt Sparks hosters for them and the quality can't be beat.
Jim

Old Soldier 12-20-2009 01:36 AM

CORRECTION-- the SigSauer P-220 is a 45 not 25. My typo
Jim