Input needed on Sig's line of 1911's.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Input needed on Sig's line of 1911's.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Input needed on Sig's line of 1911's.

I'm in the market for another 1911 as I just sold my cheap one (high standard). I will definitely be upgrading, and am considering a sig, but havent heard a ton about their 1911s, positive or negative. I've read as far back as I can stand and didn't find anything really geared toward sig. Any info or links would help immensely.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #2

I recently bought a Sig Tac Pac which is the XO model as I understand. It came with two mags, holster, mag loader and laser to fit the frame rail. I haven't really shot it much yet-hope to remedy that this weekend but the pistol functions very smoothly. The checkering is crisp, the trigger pull is sweet and it feels really good in the hand. I have a couple Rock Island Armory 1911's so this is my "nice" pistol.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #3

I have a C3 that is an exceptional handgun. Accurate, reliable, lightweight carry gun.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #4

The c3 is the model I've had my eye on. Anything you dont care for about it?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #5

I've had many different brands and still have a few, the Sig is the one that is seldom in the safe. My Wilson Combat Proffesional is a better pistol but is so expensive and nice I hate to carry it. I've got a custom Colt lightweight Commander that is really nice also and a Detonics CombatMaster that is handy to carry also.
I traded off and sold many 1911's that were supposed to be better than the Sig costing more, requiring break-in, etc. The little C3 out performed them and it is the most used of all my pistols. I highly recommend them.
Best Wishes.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm not sure what particular model I have rented dozens of times at my local range, but I absolutely love it! I don't have anything negative to say about it. I personally think Sig's 1911's are often over looked, but I'm not sure why. Sig makes some very fine firearms and their 1911's are nothing less superb. I wonder if the range that I rent one of their Sig 1911's will just let me buy it from them for a used price .

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 01-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #7

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

I own the Sig Stx 1911. It has proven to be absolutely reliable and accurate as all get out. As new as their 1911 platform is, they are heavily underrated as a "high end" firearm manufacturer. Dirty, clean, it has handled everything. A lot of people aren't too fond of the square look of the Sigs but I think it makes them unique. I think you are making a wise choice. I'm always eager to show her off. Here's a pic.

forumrunner_20120118_184609.jpg  

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #8

Thanks all. I've owned and still own Sig weapons, but never a 1911. I've owned and still owned 1911's but never a sig. Only seems logical to add one to my collection. I assumed that bearing the sig name, it would be a quality weapon, as I've never had a single issue with any of my Sig's through the years.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #9

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

My opinion is that Sig 1911s are easily one of the most underrated 1911s on the market. It's a shame that they don't get as much attention on the interwebs. Their quality is excellent and they have fewer MIM parts than most of the other major manufacturers guns. They offer a wide variety of models in various sizes. I've been itching to add a Sig 1911 to my collection too. I just keep finding "deals" on other guns that I just can't turn down.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:59 AM   #10

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I had about 1k to play with when I traded my "collection" of mish mash snubys and what not.

It came down to Kimber and Sig. I went Sig and bought the Scorpion carry. Kimber to those who might know here in AZ is reffered to as Mimber. For such a high dollar gun, Kimber MIM parts include the thumb and grip safeties, magazine catch, firing pin stop, sear, hammer, disconnector, firing pin block, slide stop and the sights. And still maybe more! All with a price tag of 1k-1500.00, lol. I guess there's one born every minute after all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, my Sig 1911 no MIM!!

Full range report coming this weekend!

BTW, Frantz, I'm still liking that STX!!

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.