Information on Colt
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Information on Colt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Information on Colt

I recently came across to articles that may make Canebrake a little happier today.

First-
Colt is coming out with a new Gold Cup National Match:
Colt's Manufacturing Introduces Gold Cup National Match | Down Range TV

Quote:
WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC, celebrating its 175th anniversary this year, is proud to announce the new Colt® Gold Cup® National Match®; currently shipping to distributors across the United States. This match-grade target pistol is the newest to come from Colt’s timeless Gold Cup Series of competition firearms. With Colt’s inherent use of high quality materials, superior manufacturing processes and storied pistol expertise, the Gold Cup National Match is sure to provide top shot performance.

“Beginning in the 1930s, Colt’s National Match pistols have set the standard by which all target pistols are judged,” said Joyce Rubino, Vice President of Marketing, Colt’s Manufacturing Company, “Because this line of guns is designed with match shooters in mind, the Colt Gold Cup National Match gives anyone the potential to make quality shots.”

The Gold Cup National Match’s fully adjustable Bo-Mar style rear sight combined with the high profile, target front sight, gives shooters confidence in shot placement. Adding to the viability of this single-action pistol as a competitive firearm, is the beveled magazine well, which allows for speed and ease during reloads.

Two standout features of the new Colt Gold Cup National Match are the match-grade trigger and barrel. The wide, three-hole aluminum trigger is factory tuned for a crisp break each time. The National Match barrel is CNC machined from forged stainless steel, measures five inches and is chambered for .45 ACP ammunition.

Also CNC machined are the receiver and round-top slide, both made from forged carbon steel with a blued finish. The wrap-around, rubber target stock features nickel medallions that showcase the rampant Colt. Overall, the gun measures 8.5 inches and weighs 2.5 pounds.

“We are excited to make the Gold Cup National Match available to shooters as the newest edition to Colt’s legacy Gold Cup Series of target pistols,” said Rubino.
Second- I, along with Canebrake, live in the state of Florida. Colt is planning on opening a new plant in Kissimmee, Fl. It will hire 63 people at around 45k. I would definately quite the prison to work there if I had any machining experience.

Quote:
Colt to Open New Facility
admin posted on December 01, 2011 16:58
Colt’s Manufacturing Company is pleased to announce that the company will continue its progressive momentum by opening a new facility in Kissimmee, Florida. The new 16,000 square foot facility will allow Colt’s Manufacturing Company to expand into new markets and business lines in parallel with the company’s existing 100,000 square foot facility in Connecticut. Specific information on facility renovations and employee requirements will be determined over the course of the next several months.
colt-gold-cup.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

wow thats one sweet looking 1911!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

a different set of grips, say some in an exotic wood, that 1911 would be perfect! have you seen any type of projected price on it?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

It does say that it is actually carbon steel and is blue, I just wished they would specify if it is Royal Blue. That would make it very appealing.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 01-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts

I wonder if it will be 70 or 80 series?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #6

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Its settled then. All I need to do is make sure I've got the money.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #7

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Just when I thought I had bought my last Colt 1911, they go and pull me back in!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 AM   #8

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

UPDATE:

Series 80

The National Match barrel is CNC machined from forged stainless steel, also CNC machined are the receiver and round-top slide, both made from forged carbon steel with a blued finish.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
Just when I thought I had bought my last Colt 1911, they go and pull me back in!
You never consider the last one,the last one!

Old 01-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #10

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I want to sleep with it. Y'all know you feel the same way, I'm just the only one willing to admit it.