inexpensive commander - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > inexpensive commander

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 22028 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
RIA has a 3 1/2 version of there tactical fs. Cost at our LGS is $469. - https://us.armscor.com/products/1911-compact-tactical-45acp

The smithy at armscor may be able to take a basic commander gi and add the safety you want . Sells for 409 at out lgs- https://us.armscor.com/products/1911-midsize-gi
RIA and MetroArms are both making some high quality 1911's at very attractive prices.

i have not owned a RIA yet, but have handled them and wouldn't hesitate in buying one. the MetroArms 1911's are top notch as well and also very decently priced. i have owned two of them so far, and would buy another one without hesitation.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Westy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 406
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

I put a Wilson Combat on my Colt and it works great. DO NOT buy the Mueschke from Brownells. They are complete junk. Seriously. I had a gunsmith install mine and the Mueschke didn't make it a day. Heck, it didn't make it through a five shot test. I left it at the gunsmith and told him to order the WC model and install it instead.

__________________
Si vis pacem, parati para bellum

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Westy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 704
Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Default

Just bought my second metroarms 1911 commander saturday. IF you order it from knob creek gun range, they are selling them right now for 469...I just paid 525 for mine, but kept my money in my county and strengthened my relationship with my gun guy. . That is worth the extra money to me any day.

__________________
CaseyChadwell is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 22028 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
Just bought my second metroarms 1911 commander saturday. IF you order it from knob creek gun range, they are selling them right now for 469...I just paid 525 for mine, but kept my money in my county and strengthened my relationship with my gun guy. . That is worth the extra money to me any day.
$525 is still a decent price for that pistol. $469 is better of course, but i wouldn't feel overcharged at $525 at all for those pistols. i am very pleased with mine.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
limbkiller Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gr8oldguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,021
Liked 592 Times on 347 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Default

I have a Bersa UC 45 Pro. I have been shooting it about year. It's accurate and I've experienced no failures. It's a bit smaller than the Commander, but might be worth taking a look at. Mine cost $395. Good luck

__________________

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

gr8oldguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 704
Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
$525 is still a decent price for that pistol. $469 is better of course, but i wouldn't feel overcharged at $525 at all for those pistols. i am very pleased with mine.
I don't feel over charged at all. These are quality 1911s and in my opinion are worth more than $525 any day of the week.
__________________
CaseyChadwell is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #27
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 22028 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I don't feel over charged at all. These are quality 1911s and in my opinion are worth more than $525 any day of the week.
i agree 100 %. they are not as pretty as some others like a Colt or Dan Wesson, but they don't cast as much either. but they function near perfectly and both of mine ate whatever i fed them. accuracy was very decent too. what else does a person need in a pistol?

because of their price, they make a good starting point for a custom build, which is the reason i bought my AC Commander for in the first place.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 704
Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i agree 100 %. they are not as pretty as some others like a Colt or Dan Wesson, but they don't cast as much either. but they function near perfectly and both of mine ate whatever i fed them. accuracy was very decent too. what else does a person need in a pistol?

because of their price, they make a good starting point for a custom build, which is the reason i bought my AC Commander for in the first place.
I haven't had the chance to run much thru the new one, but my old one was as good a handgun as I could expect from something costing much more than what I paid for it. As for accuracy, my older one would shoot alongside any handgun I've ever shot and better than most 1911s I've owned and shot...I'll make a few people mad here...but even better than most kimbers and springers. Great gun for good money!
__________________
CaseyChadwell is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #29
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 22028 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I haven't had the chance to run much thru the new one, but my old one was as good a handgun as I could expect from something costing much more than what I paid for it. As for accuracy, my older one would shoot alongside any handgun I've ever shot and better than most 1911s I've owned and shot...I'll make a few people mad here...but even better than most kimbers and springers. Great gun for good money!
my current one, the Commander and my previous one a Government model both have exceeded my expectations in pistol of that price point. they both have done just as well as any of the others i have owned in the past and hold their own quite well.

i wouldn't hesitate for one second in buying another. the next one i would like to get is the RIA Government model in 38 Super.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CardiacColt68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,176
Liked 586 Times on 392 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell

I haven't had the chance to run much thru the new one, but my old one was as good a handgun as I could expect from something costing much more than what I paid for it. As for accuracy, my older one would shoot alongside any handgun I've ever shot and better than most 1911s I've owned and shot...I'll make a few people mad here...but even better than most kimbers and springers. Great gun for good money!
At 3 am when you hear the crash the brand name doesn't matter. All that matters is it it loaded, and is it reliable? Some guns are for shooting, some for show, some for both. They're all good. 👍
__________________
CardiacColt68 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Inexpensive AK WhaleNoises AK & SKS Discussion 27 11-16-2014 09:29 PM
inexpensive optics Mikeyv98 Optics & Mounts 22 03-23-2013 04:19 PM
Inexpensive AK longunner AK & SKS Discussion 12 09-30-2012 02:41 AM
inexpensive 357 mag or 9mm? old fart General Handgun Discussion 10 05-01-2012 11:10 PM
Inexpensive AR-15 Paladin201 AR-15 Discussion 20 01-16-2012 06:35 PM