Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Im new here (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/im-new-here-57299/)

jamesshort81 02-08-2012 06:47 PM

Im new here

M new here and I'm thinking about getting the 1911 from Remington what's the pros or cons of this pistol

Marlinman 02-08-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesshort81
M new here and I'm thinking about getting the 1911 from Remington what's the pros or cons of this pistol

1st swing by the intro section and tell us abit about yourself. 2nd they are good guns but everyone iv ever handled tend to be a little loose in all aspects. They are accurate and dependable though.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

RecklessRegard 02-08-2012 07:49 PM

Bought one yesterday. They got mixed reviews at first, but I think they are starting to look a little better.

Pros: Barrel and frame seem to be pretty tight. Overall, gun has a pretty decent feel. The trigger pull is very consistent, but could probably use a little work. The stock sights have a nice sight picture.

Cons: The sights, although they give a nice sight picture, seem sharp. When you rack the slide they can drag your hand which may annoy you (it does me). They would probably snag in a CCW situation. There are a lot of MIM parts. I detail stripped mine this morning, and the slide parts seem like they are pretty good quality, but the frame parts are on the list to be replaced. They aren't necessarily bad, but you can see seams from the molding process, which is going to effect the trigger pull.

All in all, I am pleased.

Hope this helps. I haven't shot it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll pass along any wisdom.

jamesshort81 02-08-2012 07:52 PM

Thanks that does help is there any aftermarket parts like wilson that will fit it since it is a 1911 they should enter change pretty easy right

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Marlinman 02-08-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Thanks that does help is there any aftermarket parts like wilson that will fit it since it is a 1911 they should enter change pretty easy right

Para is the only ones that really have the not interchanging much issue

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

RecklessRegard 02-08-2012 08:22 PM

Since the R1 uses a drop style safety also, the sear will need to be fitted a little. But, from what I can gather, it shouldn't be too tough.

rjgnwdc 02-08-2012 09:19 PM

No regrets

I am very happy with mine I got about 600 round of various type through it with not a single problem.I went with the Enhanced model and glad I did.
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...d/SAM_0835.jpg

MrWray 02-08-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

They will accept aftermarket 1911 parts, i would recommend Ed Brown parts, they make high quality parts. Check out the Hardcore series

Phelenwolf 02-09-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesshort81 (Post 702932)

Hi and welcome to the site.
I personally have not had a chance to test one yet but I have heard more good reviews then bad one's for the Remington 1911. Is your mind set on just that 1911 though? I have a RIA 1911A1-CS and really enjoy it so much I am looking at getting the full size 1911 in the near future.

jamesshort81 02-09-2012 02:15 PM

No not just that one but the price sure sounds nice to me I have a colt 70 series just wanted another one to play with

Choose this day who you will serve as for me and my family we will serve the Lord