I was teased today... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > I was teased today...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm so glad I don't live in commiefornia. You'll love that pistol once you finally get to shoot it. I've got a Pro Carry II and love it.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #12

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
I was talking about the 1911, I have never owned one.

as far as the sights, I have never seen a handgun sight with no dots, bars or goal posts....Just plain ol' black metal U rear sight with a black post.
Oops...sorry...thought you were talking about Kimber being legendary. No doubt they make great pistols, but not quite legendary yet.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:38 AM   #13

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

One of my favorite guns in the world! I have a Kimber 25th Aniversary Edition Custom and it is a fantastic carry piece. VERY accurate and 100% reliable.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #14

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I picked her up and already changed her dress to a more appropriate Hogue size wrap around. I'll post some pics later.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #15

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The grips are the first thing you can do to make her your own! Looking forward to the photos.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Pics, pics, pics! Maybe you could put some liquid paper on the front post?

Old 02-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Pics, pics, pics! Maybe you could put some liquid paper on the front post?
Oh man now thats hittin' below the belt...lol...hahahahaha
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #18

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

I've posted this before but all of my 1911s are basically setup the same way: a wide notch plain black rear and a single white dot front. Rather than use paint or nail polish, I spent $10 and bought a pack of Nitesiter stick-on dots (8 in a package).

No, I really don't care that these dots glow when you charge them with light, they just make it easy to have a nice bright white dot on a formerly all black front post. My new long slide shot very low and I had to jack up the rear sight a bunch so I corrected that last night. I ground down and reshaped the front post, blued it, and applied a Nitesiter dot.

I'll be zeroing it in this week as we are finally going to have another pin match weekend after next. As far as rubber grips, I have always preferred the Pachmayr wrap-arounds to the Hogue - just personal preference...

Old 02-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #19

Sounds like your gun dealer would make an excellent drug dealer,- with the way he teases his customers. Will there be pics?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #20

Here she is...

I was told that for some reason the finish on this model likes to rust. Is that true? The only reason I ask is I am going to be duracoating my 1100 receiver when it warms up. Should I duracoat the Kimber as well?
Thomas Jefferson