I was teased today...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > I was teased today...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 03:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default I was teased today...

My FFL called me to say he had a pretty little Kimber Custom II and wanted me to inspect it before he started the paperwork. When I got there, he pulled out a black plastic case thats about on par with a factory case (Aside from XDm) and handed it to me. I was so excited to see the Kimber emblem glistening in the fluorescent lights and watching the people in the store stare in jealously.

I opened the box pulled out the gun and held it in complete admiration, then just as my daydream of firing this legendary gun was coming to a climax, I was interrupted by the gun shop owner..."If that thing looks good, go ahead and give it back and we'll get the paperworks started." "Give it back?" Ah, crap I'm in California and I have to wait 10 days before I can bring my baby home.....

On a side note, WTF is up with the factory sights on this thing?

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2010, 03:32 AM   #2

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

...legendary? really?

Last edited by lonyaeger; 01-30-2010 at 03:36 AM.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I use the Kimber Ultra Carry II as my carry weapon, I have no problems with the sights. If I ever really need to use it I am not going to have time to use the sights. Get it and do some point shooting and the sights won't bother you.
When I got mine I walked in paid for it and walked right back out with the Pistol. No wait for me.

Now I am looking at the sights and still trying to figure out the Problem.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:59 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

What? night sights?

It's all about your preference though, some think kimbers are legendary. Legendary for what though?

I hope you get it and you like it, that's what matters. Plus I'm jealous........I don't have a 1911..........yet!

Old 01-30-2010, 04:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
...legendary? really?
I was talking about the 1911, I have never owned one.

as far as the sights, I have never seen a handgun sight with no dots, bars or goal posts....Just plain ol' black metal U rear sight with a black post.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-30-2010, 04:23 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Wow, If you don't like those sights don't look at a GI model 1911. You will be really disappointed. They are not that bad they line up real nice. You should enjoy that Pistol, when you finally get it. The Wait is on.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:45 AM   #7

Well you gotta remember, until today I had never paid much attention to them. I had held them before but never really paid much attention to the sight picture. I am used to factory Glock, night sights and factory XD's. So it is a huge change for me not having any markings to reference.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #8

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Well you gotta remember, until today I had never paid much attention to them. I had held them before but never really paid much attention to the sight picture. I am used to factory Glock, night sights and factory XD's. So it is a huge change for me not having any markings to reference.
I think you answered your own question.

Wait until you shoot it!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm in CA too. I hate the 10 day wait!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
. I am used to factory Glock, night sights and factory XD's. So it is a huge change for me not having any markings to reference.
It sounds like it comes with target sights, no dots or other markings, just black on black. If it bothers you too much, it's a rather easy fix. Just have the gunshop install new sights.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)