Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > I Need a CC - But I NEED MORE STOPPING POWER!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillmillenia View Post
I hate to quote regulation...so I won't, but I will say that in Oklahoma at least, it's not legal to CCL any caliber larger than .45...I know, I know, believe me, the second ammendment is being infringed on every level and who the F*** do they think they are telling me...We should be able to buy machine guns at our local hardware store too but this is what we got!
I wasn't aware of any law that limited what caliber you could carry. Can you carry a .44mag?

Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I wasn't aware of any law that limited what caliber you could carry. Can you carry a .44mag?
This is from the Oklahoma state rule book:

TITLE 21 § 1290.6. Prohibited ammunition
PROHIBITED AMMUNITION
Any concealed handgun when carried in a manner authorized by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1 through 26 of this act, when loaded with any ammunition which is either a restricted bullet as defined by Section 1289.19 of Title 21 of the Oklahoma Statutes or is larger than .45 caliber or is otherwise prohibited by law shall be deemed a prohibited weapon for purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be punished for a criminal offense as provided by Section 1272 of title 21 of the Oklahoma Statutes or any other applicable provision of law. In addition to any criminal prosecution for a violation of the provisions of this section, the licensee shall be subject to an administrative fine of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), upon a hearing and determination by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of the provisions of this section.

So 44 MAG would be OK but say S&W 50-cal magnum would be prohibited.

Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"?

Old 05-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the info! Now I need to look up Arkansas' laws about this. No matter though, I don't plan on carrying a .50!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:55 AM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have never heard of that before, but apparently that law exists for a reason.

This thread was meant as kind of a funny ha-ha for those that shoot alot and frequently respond to threads asking about the best handgun for concealed carry & personal defense.

This weapon is a monster, and apparently illegal in Oklahoma.

That said, I would always rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

I don't care if using a piece of a car mirror that I broke off and applied as a knife is considered "unnecessary" - if it was what I had at the time, that is what I would use because me going home is more important to me than bad guy #1 going home.

While I would never plan, or condone planning, the use of a weapon as a personal defense item that was clearly against the law, if it was all I had at the time I was being pulled from the cab of my truck ala Reginald Denny, I would sure as hell use it.

JD

Old 05-24-2010, 03:26 AM   #25

Yeah I probably need to lighten up...and I can add as far as Oklahoma is concerned, I can have a rifle with loaded magazine so long as it is not chambered in my vehicle...so for instance my Colt LEC with mag inserted won't take alot of effort to bring into play if the need were to arise. And it doesn't specify caliber if I recall...so did anyone say 12 ga.?

Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"?

Old 05-24-2010, 06:11 AM   #26

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

If ammo was readily available i probably wouldnt have a problem with the caliber. Thats a force to be reckoned with...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Thanks for the info! Now I need to look up Arkansas' laws about this. No matter though, I don't plan on carrying a .50!
Come on ya nancy!!!! Put on your big boy shorts.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #28

Liked 1406 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Well then I guess this .600 Nitro Express is out of the question.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello