I might need to move for a while?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > I might need to move for a while?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default I might need to move for a while?

I just purchased my second Colt 1911 in the past 2 weeks,Mrs. MOshooter handled the first purchase very well,not sure about how she will take this second one? lol

I just received the call from my ffl that my first pistol a NIB Colt Combat Commander xse has just arrived today,hoping I get to pick it up this afternoon or evening?
At lunch I was scanning the pistols on GB?? When I ran across a a price on a NIB Colt Gold Cup Trophy I just couldn't walk away from? I hope my wife feels the same way?

I hope I don't lose my internet privileges for a while? lol
I'm currently looking for a Colt Anonymous group,i'm sure I can plea temporary Colt insanity to Mrs. MOshooter? .....It's a sick disease!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
I just purchased my second Colt 1911 in the past 2 weeks,Mrs. MOshooter handled the first purchase very well,not sure about how she will take this second one? lol

I just received the call from my ffl that my first pistol a NIB Colt Combat Commander xse has just arrived today,hoping I get to pick it up this afternoon or evening?
At lunch I was scanning the pistols on GB?? When I ran across a a price on a NIB Colt Gold Cup Trophy I just couldn't walk away from? I hope my wife feels the same way?

I hope I don't lose my internet privileges for a while? lol
I'm currently looking for a Colt Anonymous group,i'm sure I can plea temporary Colt insanity to Mrs. MOshooter? .....It's a sick disease!!
I can tell you from my personal, 42 years of experience that you may be skating torward the thin ice on the pond unless you get the Mrs. on board ahead of time.

My wife fell in love with shooting and so she's good (within limits) with them. While I have the liberty to buy what I want, I will never make it license to do so. My love for her is way, way to great.

FYI, the money street goes both ways... Just sayin' .

Last edited by johnr1943; 09-03-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
I can tell you from my personal 42 years of experience that you may be skating torward the thin ice on the pond unless you get the Mrs. on board ahead of time.

My wife fell in love with shooting and so she"s good (within limits) with them. While I have the liberty to buy what I want, I will never make it license to do so. My love for her is way, way to great.
That's great advice john,I have introduced my wife to the shooting/hunting sport,I shoot them she field dresses them lol jkg.

Seriously I started taking my wife quail hunting with me before we were married 27 years ago and she really enjoys the 22 pistols and rifles,she's a great shot.

But I could be on thin ice with this last purchased,we did make it through the 2 Colt AR15s,1911,and a gun safe in one week back in 93' however.
Yes i'm an optimist.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
That's great advice john,I have introduced my wife to the shooting/hunting sport,I shoot them she field dresses them lol jkg.

Seriously I started taking my wife quail hunting with me before we were married 27 years ago and she really enjoys the 22 pistols and rifles,she's a great shot.

But I could be on thin ice with this last purchased,we did make it through the 2 Colt AR15s,1911,and a gun safe in one week back in 93' however.
Yes i'm an optimist.
Great!

Old 09-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #5

I picked up my very first Colt,Colt Combat Commander and all I can say is Wow!
I am in awe,the fit and finish is just amazing. When I finally dry fired the pistol,the trigger's incredible! I can't wait to get the 1911 cleaned and lubed for a range trip in the backyard.

Oh and Mrs. MOshooter's a great lady,but I knew that 27 years ago when I met her. I don't think i'll have to be moving after all. lol

Old 09-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #6

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter
I picked up my very first Colt,Colt Combat Commander and all I can say is Wow!
I am in awe,the fit and finish is just amazing. When I finally dry fired the pistol,the trigger's incredible! I can't wait to get the 1911 cleaned and lubed for a range trip in the backyard.

Oh and Mrs. MOshooter's a great lady,but I knew that 27 years ago when I met her. I don't think i'll have to be moving after all. lol
Congrats! Pics!

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 AM   #7

Thanks kytowboater,

Pics will be soon,i hope to get it cleaned tonight and maybe do some shooting tomorrow evening.

Thanks again

Old 09-04-2013, 03:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Thanks kytowboater,

Pics will be soon,i hope to get it cleaned tonight and maybe do some shooting tomorrow evening.

Thanks again
Jealous I am lol enjoy it man!

Oh dern....

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Jealous I am lol enjoy it man!
Thank you kytowboater, it only took 49 years to get a my first Colt 1911 lol

But it sure was worth the wait!

Old 09-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #10

Quote:

Thank you kytowboater, it only took 49 years to get a my first Colt 1911 lol

But it sure was worth the wait!
Dayum! Lol enjoy and remember, pics!

Oh dern....