i let this speak for its self..(pic).. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > i let this speak for its self..(pic)..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5644 Times on 2951 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
I had to do my semi monthly gig with the SO last night to keep my POST cert. 2000 to 0600. Cold, wet, rainy. A LOT of sitting and a couple of calls to a bar just outside the town limits, three noise complaints, someone called to complain because their neighbor "isn't nice and said the F word".

NOTHING interesting happened and I was riding with a deputy fresh off his year probation who wanted to be a Chatty Kathy ALL night long!

He spent a good portion of the night telling me how he wanted to get on SWAT and how he wanted to work undercover, and how he wanted to blah blah blah blah. Asked about LOD shooting, and wouldn't just freakin' relax. He actually wanted to chase someone down for doing 49 in a 45! I see his career trajectory going toward a donut-expanded waistline (based upon the fact that EVERY time I stopped for coffee he got two creme filled and a 44oz Mountain Dew, then ate TWO huge burritos from the all-nite mexican drive-thru) trying to get on motors so he can be the traffic whore he was born to be. UGH. He got out of the cruiser to piss, and I more than half thought about driving off and leaving him on the side of the road. BUT...had I done that, I would have had to buy the Sheriff a new rookie.

AND...everything this kid said had to start with "tactically speaking....." I wish him all the best, but I am ferly certain he's going to do well in property or evidence someday...LOL.

So...sleep...not so much. My wife is working today and I have my daughter and my nephews here today. So...lots of coffee and trying NOT to drool in my shoes.
good gods man!! thats what pocket voice recorders were made for!! some good editing and a little time with the youtube uploader and that woulda been comedy gold!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

AZL, i'm with JonM, that was funny! i kind of know what you mean. i worked night shifts for many years and was the night supervisor in the shop for many as well. so the new guys always got placed with me to be trained a lot of times. sometimes they just go on and on about nothing, and you just want to tell the, shut the hell up and do your job, so i can do mine. night shift is the hardest shift to work, it's not any easier with some idiot trying to talk your ear off!

Old 12-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #33

Liked 73 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default Vito,

That's a good solid group. The gun and ammo is adequate.

Your next goal should be to shoot that group standing, both hands. It will take a little time, but it's doable.

If you ever have to defend yourself with a handgun, it will probably be closer than 20 yards. However, if you can hit well at 20, 25 and 50 yards, you'll be able to hit closer as well. (That doesn't work backwards.) And just so you know, the drop of a 45 ACP 230 grain FMJ hardball load is a bit under 10 inches at 100 yards. So if your pistol is zeroed at 50 yards, the furthest the bullet impact will be from the line of sight is about 5 inches or so. No need to adjust sights or sight picture for normal self defense.

Another suggestion: Once you are comfortable shooting six inch groups at 20 to 25 yards standing, start shooting two shot groups at two or three targets (depending on what your range can accommodate.) From a self-defense stand point, hitting multiple targets is more important than 'hosing' a number of shots on the same target.

But you have good basics. Keep it up.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Old 12-05-2011, 01:40 AM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

vito, i agree with oldmanmontgomery, if you can shoot that kind of group at 60 feet with a rest, then now you know that the pistol is pretty accurate. try out some different ammo doing the same thing 60 ft and a rest, just to see if your groups tighten up. if they do, then use that ammo to practice with as it will be a little more accurate and help you fine tune your shooting without the rest. if you can shoot that type of group at 60 ft, then 25 ft will be no problem with some practice. just keep practicing and keep up the good shooting. remember practice is your friend when pistol shooting.