I just sold my Kimber Ultra Covert II ti buy this..... - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > I just sold my Kimber Ultra Covert II ti buy this.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
Yeah I know what you mean........lol. I seen many pv1 in their bc glasses and brown T's drop their whole check thinking they were going to get lucky at the end of the night. And I remember getting kicked out of there a few times to because a few of my buddies had a few too many...a drunk grunt is a dangerous grunt...... Strike and Kill
Yeah, we got bounced 1 night after a dip **** from my unit decided to "digitally" penetrate the "objective" Could not believe he was not arrested for that one? Guess OGPD had too much going on and the one Cop in the parking was not eager to engage 9 drunk grunts alone.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #52

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyd
Guys i need your help -- bottom line is -if you had a gun that did this -you would want to know. I put that picture on taurus gun site n the guys were -like -wow im going to have my gun check-i cant post any more there they wont let me in. Today a 18 year old boy got his eye out, that could of been me -you or my son. Before i ask you to go to that site -go on line and put in -gun blows up and see how many there are. You dont even have to say the guns name. -why cany i post there ? What happen to freedom of speech. Help me out guy.
Yes I would definitely want to be made aware that this was an issue. What is the manufacturer saying about it? I know they may be weary of someone saying this may happen to you as well which could drop their sales especially if they can't verify that it was not a owner's error or an ammonium issue. I however am not say either of those are your issue, it might very well have been poor metal quality. What ammunition were you shooting, how many rounds did you shoot prior, how old was the weapon?

Old 02-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyd View Post
I wish i could shot like that- how would you like to get a new gun -put 7 rounds in and aim n shot n never hit the tarage, I keeped looking n looking at the tarage n didnt see a hole -I was only 8 ft away. BUT then i looked at my gun. This is what I saw.
Ok, not trying to bust your chops but this is the craziest thing I've seen yet. How in gods name did you manage to pull the trigger THREE times and NOT notice cylinders blowing out beneath the top strap? I'm assuming the top strap finally blew out after the 3rd round?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleberry1 View Post
ok, not trying to bust your chops but this is the craziest thing i've seen yet. How in gods name did you manage to pull the trigger three times and not notice cylinders blowing out beneath the top strap? I'm assuming the top strap finally blew out after the 3rd round?
i shot 7 -38s all good -i reloaded with 357 -first shot it blew up. I was looking at the tarage n didnot see any holes. Thats when i look at the gun, sorry ---my hand is shaking n my body. I just when back to the taurus site n they were all talking about my gun. Some good n some not to good-you know i just wanted to tell taurus 357 guys to be carefull n they got me out -i had to go back in tell my side of the story. I am shaking right now- i did not do anything wrong- im going to get h--- tomorrow

Old 02-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #55

Well your ok that the most important thing. Now stop freaking shaking and pull yourself together. You dont seek help when your car breaks down, or when your air conditioner goes out at least not mental, you find a repair man or a mechanic. You have a broken machine, treat it as such. Dont let this become more than it is.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
Well your ok that the most important thing. Now stop freaking shaking and pull yourself together. You dont seek help when your car breaks down, or when your air conditioner goes out at least not mental, you find a repair man or a mechanic. You have a broken machine, treat it as such. Dont let this become more than it is.
I answered on 1911forums what happen. You dont know the story. Go read its on the Rev. site -then look for best gun ever.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #57

Quote:

I answered on 1911forums what happen. You dont know the story. Go read its on the Rev. site -then look for best gun ever.
Not to be a dick but what is its relevance of this to the topic of my post? I think if you were trying to bring awareness to this situation and issue you would of been better off starting your own thread than just politely jacking mine........lol

Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #58

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:

Didnt this incident happen in 2008? And your still physically shaken about it?

Am i missing something? im confused

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyd View Post
i shot 7 -38s all good -i reloaded with 357 -first shot it blew up. I was looking at the tarage n didnot see any holes. Thats when i look at the gun, sorry ---my hand is shaking n my body. I just when back to the taurus site n they were all talking about my gun. Some good n some not to good-you know i just wanted to tell taurus 357 guys to be carefull n they got me out -i had to go back in tell my side of the story. I am shaking right now- i did not do anything wrong- im going to get h--- tomorrow
Yeah sorry, I noticed that this morning when I looked at the "dented" cases again and noticed no dents on thier primers.

Anyway were in the wrong thread for this conversation but you should post the test result you claim show inferior metal strength. I work in construction and understand specification and the importance of documentation from reputable testing firms. Putting this info out there will strengthen your claim and shut up the fan boys. Unless the letterhead from the testing firm say "Jo Bob's metal works"!

Old 02-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #60

Back on topic......

I took it back to the range and I wanted to see how accurate this thing truely is so I got a target from my buddy and stapled it to the card board and sent it al the way to the end of the lane (25 yards) and I fired of a full mag of 8. I took a picture of the target next to a dollar bill for size reference.

forumrunner_20120221_230209.jpg

I am not sure but I think 6 of the 8 hit the target with 3 being dead on. This was done standing and free handed no support.