I just sold my Kimber Ultra Covert II ti buy this..... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > I just sold my Kimber Ultra Covert II ti buy this.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 142 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Amen to that. That's one fine looking handgun.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #42

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner

I'm sorry you could've bought which gun for $700?
The $1603 Ultra Covert II Kimber?
The $2600 Sig Sauer P220X6
Or the $1070 discontinued Sig Sauer Platinum Elite 1911?

I'm not asking you to Buy any of these but I'm not buying your story on this one.

And your screen name should belong to my Sig Sauer P220X6 because it is The Ultimate Sig........ and I live in Virginia.
I seen a 220 at the gunshow brandnew last weekend. Prices in texas are alot better than up north. Bit I did some reseach and it wasnt your exactly model so for that I appoligize. Ima going to another gunshow this weekend and ill take a pic of the one priced at around 700. I got my 1911 sig with the tb for 900 out the door and it came with 4 mags. But like I said I could be wrong on that exactly model but I did see a 220 model brand new for around 700. Lol maybe you shouldnt move to texas, the state where everyone has at least 2 guns.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #43

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig

I seen a 220 at the gunshow brandnew last weekend. Prices in texas are alot better than up north. Bit I did some reseach and it wasnt your exactly model so for that I appoligize. Ima going to another gunshow this weekend and ill take a pic of the one priced at around 700. I got my 1911 sig with the tb for 900 out the door and it came with 4 mags. But like I said I could be wrong on that exactly model but I did see a 220 model brand new for around 700. Lol maybe you shouldnt move to texas, the state where everyone has at least 2 guns.
Yeah that's what I thought. A standard Sig Sauer P220 is not the same as an X6 version. The P220X6 is from Sig's MasterShop Series. I can explain it over again but the Information is in the thread.
As for the 1911, it not a model that you can still find at every gun store you go to like a lot of these newer style that are popping up. Its a discontinued model......makes it hard to find......

I think you have been sigmatized and are just so happy with you Sig that your missing the details in the reading. As far as moving to texas.........No. I'm doing my part in VA to spread the love of firearm ownership to everyone.....I got my Mom a Smith&Wesson .38 for her birthday last year, my wife got a laser for Sig 2022 for Valentine's Day..........**** flowers.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #44

I wish i could shot like that- how would you like to get a new gun -put 7 rounds in and aim n shot n never hit the tarage, I keeped looking n looking at the tarage n didnt see a hole -I was only 8 ft away. BUT then i looked at my gun. This is what I saw.

picture-005.jpg  

Old 02-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyd
I wish i could shot like that- how would you like to get a new gun -put 7 rounds in and aim n shot n never hit the tarage, I keeped looking n looking at the tarage n didnt see a hole -I was only 8 ft away. BUT then i looked at my gun. This is what I saw.
I see your problem......... That is not a Sig........lol

So what was the major cause of your firearms catastrophic failure?

Its easy to shoot like that
1 steady position
2 breathing control
3 aiming ( good, same sight picture)
4 trigger sqeeze (every shot should surprise you)

Its just basic fundamental, or at least how I do it and I try to do it once a week.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

That a good looking SIG Gunnrunner! To bad your in VA, a couple of former 101st grunts could have a good day shooting our SIGs.

Honestly, think back to them PFC days at FT. Campbell KY. Did you ever think you'd be able to afford toys like these?

I sure didn't. Don't think Ill be dropping 1600 but I did just see the diamond plate 226 last night. Ive got to contact sig to see if i can buy a slide only to slap on my .40

God Bless the USA!

Tack
Would love to shoot with you and afterwards hit up the Cat West..... lol

Old 02-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #47

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
Would love to shoot with you and afterwards hit up the Cat West..... lol
Oh Wow, I had forgotten about the Cat West...Oak Grove PD in the parking lot...man, they had a girl in that place who could drop $3.00 in quarters into a shot glass while standing on the bar! And she was not using her hands if you get my drift.

Tack

Old 02-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Oh Wow, I had forgotten about the Cat West...Oak Grove PD in the parking lot...man, they had a girl in that place who could drop $3.00 in quarters into a shot glass while standing on the bar! And she was not using her hands if you get my drift.

Tack
Yeah I know what you mean........lol. I seen many pv1 in their bc glasses and brown T's drop their whole check thinking they were going to get lucky at the end of the night. And I remember getting kicked out of there a few times to because a few of my buddies had a few too many...a drunk grunt is a dangerous grunt...... Strike and Kill

Old 02-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #49

Guys i need your help -- bottom line is -if you had a gun that did this -you would want to know. I put that picture on taurus gun site n the guys were -like -wow im going to have my gun check-i cant post any more there they wont let me in. Today a 18 year old boy got his eye out, that could of been me -you or my son. Before i ask you to go to that site -go on line and put in -gun blows up and see how many there are. You dont even have to say the guns name. -why cany i post there ? What happen to freedom of speech. Help me out guy.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #50

[QUOTE=GunRunner;710153]I see your problem......... That is not a Sig........lol

So what was the major cause of your firearms catastrophic failure?

Its easy to shoot like that
1 steady position
2 breathing control
3 aiming ( good, same sight picture)
4 trigger sqeeze (every shot should surprise you)

Its just basic fundamental, or at least how I do it and I try to do it once a week.[/QUOT
After two years of checking the guy- They found the S.S. metal to have cracks. Just cheap overseas metal.