Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   I Just Bought Me A TRP (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/i-just-bought-me-trp-5660/)

Fayettedave 07-18-2008 02:10 AM

I Just Bought Me A TRP

I just bought a new SS TRP and I can't wait to take it to the range. I've had a real jones for this pistol for for at least six months - looking at the relative merits of a Nighthawk (sorry, JD, just too rich) and Les Baer...but given the fact that didn't want to spend more than $1500, and the fact that the TRP is real "semi" custom, I really didn't see another option that stacked-up in a real world comparison.

Any comments? (knowing full well that this is such a horribly subjective question).

Dillinger 07-18-2008 02:59 AM

That's a really good pistol you got there Dave. I love the grips they put on those models. I ordered up 5 pairs for spare parts because I liked them so much.

The TRP is a good pistol and a great choice. Springfield has had their ups and downs, but with the TRP they really dedicated themselves to making a great, semi-custom production pistol.

I look forward to hearing about the range report and seeing a couple of targets.

Get to the Range - The pistol is demanding it....

JD

Lastcall 07-18-2008 10:37 PM

The TRP is great choice. I've been very pleased with mine.

Fayettedave 07-19-2008 02:47 AM

Waitin'

My problem, JD, is that while I bought it, and for a good price on Gunbroker.com - I don't have it in my hands...!!! So I'm seriously jonesin' man. Report to follow whenever I get the mahfuggah.

.45 ACP is nice with me!

h&k bigdaddydieseldan 07-19-2008 06:26 PM

Nice selection there on your choice with the trp dave :D:D:D:D

JPBeck 08-10-2008 03:18 AM

My next gun will be a TRP-- if I can find one! SA are hard to find around here. I hunted for my Loaded Lightweight for a month before I found one.
Looking forward to a range report.

gwk4667 10-01-2011 02:40 PM

I have never bought thru Gun Broker as I like to hold it in my hot little hands before I hand over the cash!

Let me know how it goes for you.

AznZOhAn 10-01-2011 05:30 PM

I'm jealous, I like SA.

eborden1122 10-03-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fayettedave (Post 32314)
I just bought a new SS TRP and I can't wait to take it to the range. I've had a real jones for this pistol for for at least six months - looking at the relative merits of a Nighthawk (sorry, JD, just too rich) and Les Baer...but given the fact that didn't want to spend more than $1500, and the fact that the TRP is real "semi" custom, I really didn't see another option that stacked-up in a real world comparison.

Any comments? (knowing full well that this is such a horribly subjective question).

Got any pics? We love pics!!!!!!!

Olympus 10-03-2011 12:26 PM

Take a look at the dates of this thread. Over three years old.