Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   I Have Finally Arrived!!!!!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/i-have-finally-arrived-8837/)

SGT-MILLER 11-30-2008 10:18 PM

I Have Finally Arrived!!!!!!!

So......after about 8 years or so of lusting after 1911's on the market, and dreaming of owning one, I can finally say that I'm a proud owner of a 1911 pistol.

It's not the fanciest pistol on the market, but I'm loving it nonetheless. I just purchased a nice little Rock Island Armory 5" 1911 pistol. It came with two 8 round magazines, a nice case, and pretty wood grips, and I purchased 2 more Kimber magazines (they seem to work well with the RIA). I also purchased a Hogue grip. I like the actual wood grips that came with it, but I have a fondness for the more aggressive (and comfortable) black Hogue grips.

I am itching to get this thing out to the range.

I had to trade in my Hi-Point .45, and my Hi-Point 9mm to help pay for the cost of this beast, but it didn't other me.

I figured I can either own 2 Hi-Point pistols, or one 1911 pistol. It was a no-brainer for me...lol.

Now I can finally post in this section....lol. :D

Dillinger 11-30-2008 10:20 PM

Welcome to the 1911 family.... Godfather of all modern semi auto handguns, handed down by Odin himself through the genius of John Browning. :D

JD

sgtdeath66 11-30-2008 10:22 PM

even though i dont have mine still am i still in tha fam, lol!!

SGT-MILLER 11-30-2008 10:24 PM

Should I yell out "BY THE POWER OF ODIN I BANISH THEE!!!!!" every time I fire a shot next time I go to the range...lol.

(Might get some weird looks...lol.)

:D

matt g 11-30-2008 10:38 PM

You'll now see what we were talking about this whole time.

Dillinger 11-30-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 53386)
Should I yell out "BY THE POWER OF ODIN I BANISH THEE!!!!!" every time I fire a shot next time I go to the range...lol.

(Might get some weird looks...lol.)

No Dude! You want to keep the secret inside the family. Don't let the masses know the power you now possess....It's a private and exclusive fraternity....

JD

CA357 11-30-2008 10:56 PM

Enjoy that rascal.

SGT-MILLER 11-30-2008 11:00 PM

matt g posted:
Quote:

You'll now see what we were talking about this whole time.
The bad thing was I knew what y'all were talking about. I've shot 1911's alot over the years, but I could never get around to purchase one because of circumstances and whatnot. Now I can finally stop worrying about it, cuz I have one of my own. It's not as pretty as some of the other 1911's I shot, but I don't care. I kinda like them ugly, and mean lookin....lol.

Dillenger Posted:
Quote:

You want to keep the secret inside the family.
Ok dude, I promise I'll keep it cool-like (ssshhhhhhhhhhh.........). I won't name my pistol "Thunder of Odin" or anything. I'll just call it "Teh Uber Leet Boomstik!!!".

ScottG 12-01-2008 12:40 AM

I wish I could afford one...but it'd have to be an authentic US Army. :(

SGT-MILLER 12-01-2008 12:46 AM

Springfield does make the MILSPEC G.I. 1911 pistol. I'm not sure of the price (I know it's more expensive than an RIA, but less expensive than a Kimber), but it seems that the pistol is true to original 1911 form.

Keep looking. It took me a long time to finally get one. Don't wait. Make it happen....lol.