I got tired of waiting - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

I got tired of waiting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

spilling the beans.....
uh oh, you're in trouble now
Beyond the speed of sound---
Fire it up, Let the engines roll
It's time to burn it down

Old 06-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Dammit! That thing is gorgeous!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #23

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3490 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Ha ha ha - I was wondering who and when it would be found out. That's funny.

Yes, that is the BASE pistol that my new project is being built on. I asked for a change to a couple of items. Since you now know the who, I guess I can share a little of the what.
  • The new JD version will be completely coated with Nighthawk's Diamond Black Ceramic coating. Internals and externals
  • I am having Nighthawk custom fit a second, non threaded, barrel that will be used for basic carry operations
  • I have been in contact with AAC and found out what supressor they designed this pistol to utilize. I have talked, in detail, with one of their designers concerning usage, types of ammo and etc. I will be purchasing their Ti-RANT .45 Suppressor.
  • This One - to be precise
  • A couple of other subtle changes to be posted later
The weapon came in, with all the mods, at $3200 through my good friend George with Michigan Gunslingers. That sounds like a lot of cash, and it is, but since I first posted the Centennial Edition thread, I made a plan and I stuck to it.

I got a container and I cut a small slit in it and taped the lid on. Gorilla tape is wonderful. Every payday I put in $20 or what I could. Sometimes that was more, sometimes it wasn't. If I came home with change in my pocket, in it went. I put the container in the safe and I vowed not to touch it until I found my new pistol. I have been doing this for awhile now and it added up quickly.

So, I had enough for a good, securing down payment and as I have stated before, George is very good about allowing you to make payments with no interest.

So, there you have MOST of what the new pistol project will be.

More to follow....

JD

Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #24

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

That baby is effing gorgeous!!! I so envy and loathe you at the same time JD

Damn it all, I wish I could get myself a 1911 this year Oh well, guess I'll just have to settle for a custom built .458SOCOM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 06-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Maybe it's my imagination or an optical illusion, but does the suppressor look like it's canted up in the photos? Rather than on the axis of the barrel? Or is it my 60 year old Mark 1 eyeballs?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 06-19-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Maybe it's my imagination or an optical illusion, but does the suppressor look like it's canted up in the photos? Rather than on the axis of the barrel?
It's not an optical illiusion Don. The weapon it's on is an H&K and they have a patented system that does tilt the barrel slightly upward on recoil. With the slide back, the barrel is in that position, so it will appear titled.

JD

Old 06-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ah! It all comes clear now. Makes sense to me.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #28

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

My only object is that is has no ambi-safety. That should be Standard Operating Procedure for all us lefties. The thing I think is the coolest is the that the barrel is coated black. I was actually looking at their Diamond Black before JD mentioned it. The M-1911 Pistols Organization E-zineHere is an article about a Nighthawk completely coated in the Diamond Black. Everything is coated, barrel, internals, even the grip screws. It shows the barrel has NO visable wear after firing, keeping the barrel nice and black.

JD- if you ever get bored and feel charitable, send it out my way. I'll make sure it gets properly used by all the Florida members, even "El Duderino."

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 06-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Is it a 9mm?? Everything Ive seen online is 9mm from when it came out last year.
Uh. No.

Please report to Tango for reprocessing. Somehow you slide thru the MAN line with your purse and I am afraid that is just not going to be allowed.

9mm, in a 1911? Really?

Old 08-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #30

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

JD- Just saw a full page ad in one of the gun mags all about the AAC Nighthawk. Have you received it yet?? I like the fact that they are gonna make you a replacement barrel to make it more carryable. Ive been thinking about getting the FNP 45 Tactical because I cant afford $4000 for a 1 gun and suppressor. it comes with a threaded supessor and that you can add a red dot sight without any gunsmithing of the slide. But when I contacted FN about getting a standard non-threaded barrel they told me that the dont sell spare barrels, wtf. I like the fact that the FNP is more suited for lefties. With all finer things in life, like Nighthawk guns, not everyone can afford them.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945