I got tired of waiting
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > I got tired of waiting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default I got tired of waiting

This "Centennial Edition" 1911 deal has been bastardized by half the manufacturers out there.

I was hoping for something cool, with an elegant appeal but still a rock solid piece that would be a nice addition to the collection.

I wasn't looking for a direct copy of the original JMB design. I accept the fact that with time comes improvements that we have seen make this fine pistol even greater.

Bottom line, what was "Right" for Cane, was nowhere near what would have been right for me.

Quite frankly I have been REALLY disappointed in the offerings thus far.

So, I made a compromise and decided to order myself one bad ass new 1911 from my good friend George at Michigan Gunslingers.

For those that are not familiar with George, the man has HANDS DOWN the best prices on quality pieces like Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Nighthawk, Guncrafter Industries, Volkman and even AR's from LMT and Noveske.

George is my drug dealer of choice and he is damn good at it. Not only does he speak the language of us gun guys, but he has a no problems, 12 months, no interest layaway program - which is about perfect when you are special ordering a new piece.

In this instance, I contacted George last month about a new, just released 1911 that I had to have. As luck would have it, George already had one in the pipe. I was able to make a few requests for alterations and suffice to say, I will be months ahead of the Johnny-Come-Latelys that will want this pistol.

While I can't go into all the details of the new piece just yet, I can offer you a small shot of what will be my new 1911 project piece. This thing will be a drool worthy piece to say the least. Someone get Cane a bucket, he is going to hate me for this one when it's all said and done.

teaser.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2010, 01:09 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
For those that are not familiar with George, the man has HANDS DOWN the best prices on quality pieces like Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Nighthawk, Guncrafter Industries, Volkman and even AR's from LMT and Noveske.

George is my drug dealer of choice and he is damn good at it. Not only does he speak the language of us gun guys, but he has a no problems, 12 months, no interest layaway program - which is about perfect when you are special ordering a new piece.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #3

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I set a pox on your house.

Must have more data.

Don't force me to call George and extort the "JD Bourne Identity" of this Macy Layaway 1911.

You do know that Michigan Gunslingers, 1115 Parkway Ct. Milford, MI 48381, is less than one mile from the GM Proving Ground front gate, where, for years I worked.

Spill your beans or I will be forced to do it for you!

And the "Canebrake Centennial" would never have a threaded barrel!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-13-2010, 01:20 AM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I set a pox on your house.

Must have more data.

Don't force me to call George and extort the "JD Bourne Identity" of this Macy Layaway 1911.

You do know that Michigan Gunslingers, 1115 Parkway Ct. Milford, MI 48381, is less than one mile from the GM Proving Ground front gate, where, for years I worked.

Spill your beans or I will be forced to do it for you!
LOL - No, I did not know that you were that close to Gunslingers. Have you met George??

No way he would sell me out. We have history, you crazy sidewinder.

And this isn't a "Centennial" Edition - This is the pistol I am buying in place of the lame assed Centennial offerings that are being put out with adjustable sights and more foo-foo and "pretty" than functionality.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:07 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations JD.

I will reserve judgment until this wonder pistol arrives.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Great! Can't wait to see what you have there.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:48 AM   #7

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

This would happen to be a varient of the Colt OHWS would it? There entry for the Joint Pistol Program.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 06-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

They're in Milford, really? That's about 20 minutes from me at home, and 40 from me at school. I know what I'm doing this weekend, now.

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

A threaded barrel? Really? Are you going NINJA on us JD?

Old 06-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I think that is for threading on a can......

of Tactical Bacon!

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down