Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   I got tired of waiting (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/i-got-tired-waiting-28242/)

Dillinger 06-13-2010 12:02 AM

I got tired of waiting

1 Attachment(s)
This "Centennial Edition" 1911 deal has been bastardized by half the manufacturers out there. :mad:

I was hoping for something cool, with an elegant appeal but still a rock solid piece that would be a nice addition to the collection.

I wasn't looking for a direct copy of the original JMB design. I accept the fact that with time comes improvements that we have seen make this fine pistol even greater.

Bottom line, what was "Right" for Cane, was nowhere near what would have been right for me.

Quite frankly I have been REALLY disappointed in the offerings thus far.

So, I made a compromise and decided to order myself one bad ass new 1911 from my good friend George at Michigan Gunslingers.

For those that are not familiar with George, the man has HANDS DOWN the best prices on quality pieces like Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Nighthawk, Guncrafter Industries, Volkman and even AR's from LMT and Noveske.

George is my drug dealer of choice and he is damn good at it. :) Not only does he speak the language of us gun guys, but he has a no problems, 12 months, no interest layaway program - which is about perfect when you are special ordering a new piece.

In this instance, I contacted George last month about a new, just released 1911 that I had to have. As luck would have it, George already had one in the pipe. I was able to make a few requests for alterations and suffice to say, I will be months ahead of the Johnny-Come-Latelys that will want this pistol. :cool:

While I can't go into all the details of the new piece just yet, I can offer you a small shot of what will be my new 1911 project piece. This thing will be a drool worthy piece to say the least. Someone get Cane a bucket, he is going to hate me for this one when it's all said and done. :D

IGETEVEN 06-13-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 298892)
For those that are not familiar with George, the man has HANDS DOWN the best prices on quality pieces like Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Nighthawk, Guncrafter Industries, Volkman and even AR's from LMT and Noveske.

George is my drug dealer of choice and he is damn good at it. :) Not only does he speak the language of us gun guys, but he has a no problems, 12 months, no interest layaway program - which is about perfect when you are special ordering a new piece.

http://serve.mysmiley.net/confused/confused0053.gif

Jack

canebrake 06-13-2010 12:15 AM

I set a pox on your house.

Must have more data.

Don't force me to call George and extort the "JD Bourne Identity" of this Macy Layaway 1911.

You do know that Michigan Gunslingers, 1115 Parkway Ct. Milford, MI 48381, is less than one mile from the GM Proving Ground front gate, where, for years I worked.

Spill your beans or I will be forced to do it for you!

And the "Canebrake Centennial" would never have a threaded barrel!

Dillinger 06-13-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 298899)
I set a pox on your house.

Must have more data.

Don't force me to call George and extort the "JD Bourne Identity" of this Macy Layaway 1911.

You do know that Michigan Gunslingers, 1115 Parkway Ct. Milford, MI 48381, is less than one mile from the GM Proving Ground front gate, where, for years I worked.

Spill your beans or I will be forced to do it for you!

LOL - No, I did not know that you were that close to Gunslingers. Have you met George??

No way he would sell me out. We have history, you crazy sidewinder.

And this isn't a "Centennial" Edition - This is the pistol I am buying in place of the lame assed Centennial offerings that are being put out with adjustable sights and more foo-foo and "pretty" than functionality. :(

CA357 06-13-2010 01:07 AM

Congratulations JD. :cool:

I will reserve judgment until this wonder pistol arrives. ;)

Gojubrian 06-13-2010 06:38 PM

Great! Can't wait to see what you have there. :cool:

michigan0626 06-15-2010 04:48 AM

This would happen to be a varient of the Colt OHWS would it? There entry for the Joint Pistol Program.

Mr. Bluesky 06-15-2010 11:44 AM

They're in Milford, really? That's about 20 minutes from me at home, and 40 from me at school. I know what I'm doing this weekend, now.

Jo da Plumbr 06-15-2010 12:01 PM

A threaded barrel? Really? Are you going NINJA on us JD?

Gatekeeper 06-15-2010 12:43 PM

I think that is for threading on a can......

of Tactical Bacon! :p