Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   I bought a kimber pro carry II (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/i-bought-kimber-pro-carry-ii-23402/)

Gojubrian 02-14-2010 05:27 PM

I bought a kimber pro carry II

I did it! Yesterday I shopped around and ended up getting a Kimber Pro Carry II with night sights.

I figure I can add stuff to it later and it will be more "customized". With the savings I bought several hundred rounds of range ammo and some DPX 230 grain hollowpoints. I'll be picking up a carry holster later, but I want to get a few hundred rounds throught it before I carry it.
I brought it home and did a field strip and lubed it down, with no scratches! :D

For now, I'm pretty happy with it. :D

This is my first 1911 .45acp and it's all you guys' fault!!!

This friday I'll get to the range for a full report with pics.

Shihan 02-14-2010 05:31 PM

That is a most excellent Choice. Very nice selection for your intro into the world of 1911's. You will be very happy with that. My intro was a RIA but was a very quick jump into the world of Kimber. Now I want to get a nice SS 1911.

Dillinger 02-14-2010 05:51 PM

Ha ha ha - Yet another convert to the world of the 1911. He was shamed and dragged, kicking and screaming from the dark cave that is the current polymer semi auto pistol realm, and thrust into the bright light that is John Browning's Genius.

Congrats on the purchase Goju. I am looking forward to seeing your first range report and hearing what you think as one of the recently enlightened. :D

JD

suprdave 02-14-2010 06:20 PM

Great! Welcome to the fraternity GoJu!

spittinfire 02-14-2010 07:28 PM

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!?!!? Stainless or blue? Take a look at the super tuck for a holster.

Congrats! I think you'll be happy with it. When it comes time for some mags, check out Tripp Research. Cane is right, they are awesome.

Rodmaker 02-14-2010 07:55 PM

Very good choice. Congratulations!:D

Gojubrian 02-14-2010 08:11 PM

Well, I bought a nice new camera for my fiance for valentines, so as soon as she is done toying with it I'll get some pictures. Oh, it's blued. I like the blued for carry rather than stainless.

After reading and reading here about 1911's I made up my mind. I now have no polymers and a new 1911. ROFL!!!! Thanks for breaking my bank!! :mad: :D

Rodmaker, you were very right. Just like the tactical pro without the fancy grips and magwell. I do actually like the black rubber grips though. It feels great in my hand with a sticky grip.

I'd like to get a full size steel frame next time, which will be quite a while!

I'll post a range report this weekend when I get to shoot it, my CZ75B, and the browning buckmark. :cool:

lonyaeger 02-14-2010 08:18 PM

Can't wait to see the photos, Goju. Congrats! I thought, when you posted earlier in the week, you had already gotten it. Guess I need to learn to read more carefully.

canebrake 02-14-2010 08:30 PM

Goju, you have purchased the penultimate* in carry guns!

A light weight combat commander will serve you a lifetime and provide a heirloom for generations to come!

Please let us know and see how the first date goes!

Remember when time comes for extra mags get some Tripp Research Gen II Cobras.

* The ultimate would of course been a Colt O4860XSE

suprdave 02-14-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 230403)
Remember when time comes for extra mags get some Tripp Research Gen II Cobras.

Are they that much better than 47d's