Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   I blame you guys!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/i-blame-you-guys-51980/)

truevil1313 11-17-2011 02:09 PM

I blame you guys!!!

I guess it was a week or two ago I posted how happy I was carying my new Sig P238. Then I started reading all of the posts about carying enough gun to get the job done, and you all got me thinking, hey I used to preach that!
Let me start by saying I have had my Texas concealed handgun lincense for 15 or 16 years now, and cary everyday.
I bought a Kimber Tactical Pro II six years ago and have put 3,000+ rounds through it without a single problem I have been very pleased with it. The issue for me was the weight of the thing. When I leave my house in the morning, I am usually gone for 11 hours a day. After 11 hours I couldn't wait to take my holster off.
I wear a Don Humme gun belt, and carry in a Cross Breed Super Tuck, but it still got heavy and unpleasent after that length of time.
So I bought A Glock 22, thinking it would be lighter and more comfortable. Wrong! I then bought a Glock 23 and it was slightly better. The size made it easier to conceal, and the weight was somewhat less. It was an improvement, but was still bothersome.
Next I bought the Sig P238, and it was a dream to cary all day long. Small and light, and in a Mini Tuck, I would almost forget I was wearing it. Here is where I come full circle, and back to the begining of this story. A lot of posts on here made me remember something that I used to preach. Always cary enough gun to get the job done, and always cary a spare mag. With this fresh in my head, I decided to start carying my 1911 again, and was quickly reminded how at the end of the day, I couldn't wait to take it off. So my quest for a new 1911 began.
I read a ton of posts on here and started looking around locally. I looked at S.A., Colt, STI, Kimber and some cheap ones (Citidal, American Classic).
I was in my local gun shop on Tuesday and was drawn to the Kimber Ultras. Just the right size for what I had in mind. The shop had almost all of the ultras that Kimber makes, so I held each one, told the guy thank you, and left.
I went home and looked up each model that I was interested in, and chose the one that I felt best fit my needs, and had the options I wanted.
I went back to the shop yesterday and spoke to the guy behind the counter at length about what I was looking for. He picked up and handed me the same one I was thinking about getting. He also told me they offer 6 month intrest free financing. Well that was it for me and sealed the deal.

I bought the Kimber CDP Ultra, and took it home. I stripped it, cleaned it, and reassembled it. Went outside to my range and ran 50 rounds through it, slow and well aimed, getting used to the shortened grip and barrel. The first fifty rounds wound up in a grapefruit sized area at 21 feet. The majority were in one jagged hole about 2 inches in diamater.
The second 50 rounds, I practiced drawing from my concealed holster and attempting 2 shot strings. The first round was always good, but the second round usually went high and slightly left. I am sure it will just take me getting used to the shorter barrel, and more practice, and I will be able to get it under control. So far I have been wearing it for hours and I can already tell it is much more comfortable that its larger cousin, and I am not carying around a mouse gun, I am carying a 1911 again. I believe nirvana has been reached.

I hope this Kimber performes as well as my first one, I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have read the stories on here of the troubles people have with their's and how bad Customer Service is at Kimber. I hope and pray I never have to deal with that.
So any way, I blame you guys for me buying another 1911, and, well thanks!

Muliemaster 11-17-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truevil1313
I guess it was a week or two ago I posted how happy I was carying my new Sig P238. Then I started reading all of the posts about carying enough gun to get the job done, and you all got me thinking, hey I used to preach that!
Let me start by saying I have had my Texas concealed handgun lincense for 15 or 16 years now, and cary everyday.
I bought a Kimber Tactical Pro II six years ago and have put 3,000+ rounds through it without a single problem I have been very pleased with it. The issue for me was the weight of the thing. When I leave my house in the morning, I am usually gone for 11 hours a day. After 11 hours I couldn't wait to take my holster off.
I wear a Don Humme gun belt, and carry in a Cross Breed Super Tuck, but it still got heavy and unpleasent after that length of time.
So I bought A Glock 22, thinking it would be lighter and more comfortable. Wrong! I then bought a Glock 23 and it was slightly better. The size made it easier to conceal, and the weight was somewhat less. It was an improvement, but was still bothersome.
Next I bought the Sig P238, and it was a dream to cary all day long. Small and light, and in a Mini Tuck, I would almost forget I was wearing it. Here is where I come full circle, and back to the begining of this story. A lot of posts on here made me remember something that I used to preach. Always cary enough gun to get the job done, and always cary a spare mag. With this fresh in my head, I decided to start carying my 1911 again, and was quickly reminded how at the end of the day, I couldn't wait to take it off. So my quest for a new 1911 began.
I read a ton of posts on here and started looking around locally. I looked at S.A., Colt, STI, Kimber and some cheap ones (Citidal, American Classic).
I was in my local gun shop on Tuesday and was drawn to the Kimber Ultras. Just the right size for what I had in mind. The shop had almost all of the ultras that Kimber makes, so I held each one, told the guy thank you, and left.
I went home and looked up each model that I was interested in, and chose the one that I felt best fit my needs, and had the options I wanted.
I went back to the shop yesterday and spoke to the guy behind the counter at length about what I was looking for. He picked up and handed me the same one I was thinking about getting. He also told me they offer 6 month intrest free financing. Well that was it for me and sealed the deal.

I bought the Kimber CDP Ultra, and took it home. I stripped it, cleaned it, and reassembled it. Went outside to my range and ran 50 rounds through it, slow and well aimed, getting used to the shortened grip and barrel. The first fifty rounds wound up in a grapefruit sized area at 21 feet. The majority were in one jagged hole about 2 inches in diamater.
The second 50 rounds, I practiced drawing from my concealed holster and attempting 2 shot strings. The first round was always good, but the second round usually went high and slightly left. I am sure it will just take me getting used to the shorter barrel, and more practice, and I will be able to get it under control. So far I have been wearing it for hours and I can already tell it is much more comfortable that its larger cousin, and I am not carying around a mouse gun, I am carying a 1911 again. I believe nirvana has been reached.

I hope this Kimber performes as well as my first one, I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have read the stories on here of the troubles people have with their's and how bad Customer Service is at Kimber. I hope and pray I never have to deal with that.

No modern man can ever have to many 1911's

winds-of-change 11-17-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truevil1313 (Post 629852)

Blame them? You ought to be thanking them. :D

Enjoy your new gun.

towboater 11-17-2011 05:11 PM

Congratulations on a very fine purchase.

CA357 11-17-2011 07:40 PM

Congratulations, but...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...ithoutpics.jpg

truevil1313 11-17-2011 08:03 PM

I'm working on it.

IGETEVEN 11-17-2011 08:05 PM

Good for you true. I hope she continues to be a reliable performer for ya! :cool:

truevil1313 11-17-2011 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go.
Both of them.

Tactical Pro II
CDP Ultra II

Sonic82 11-17-2011 08:16 PM

Enjoy!...new guns are fun!

CA357 11-17-2011 08:42 PM

Nice! Thanks for the pic. ;)