Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   How Long Do I Have To Wait? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/how-long-do-i-have-wait-46892/)

Polygon 08-16-2011 01:03 AM

How Long Do I Have To Wait?

Perhaps nobody can give me a clear idea, but I ordered my first 1911 from Bud's in April and still, nothing. I'm dying here and I really want a 1911. And this is really the one I want right now.

Can anyone seriously give me an idea of how long wait might be for one of these? I'm starting to consider asking for my money back and looking locally for a 1911.

Here's the gun BTW:

Springfield SRVC TGT 45SS Package $831.00 SHIPS FREE

Glasshartt 08-16-2011 01:19 AM

This may sound dumb, but was it in stock when you ordered it? Have they charged your credit card for it yet? Have you called them regarding your order?

Polygon 08-16-2011 01:24 AM

No, it wasn't in stock. But you see to the right where you can reserve the gun? That's what I did. Yes, they have my money and after a certain period, if you're sick of waiting they will refund fully if you ask. I have talked to them and they have no idea.

canebrake 08-16-2011 01:33 AM

No one has them in stock.

neilage66 08-16-2011 01:34 AM

How's about calling or emailing SA directly?

Maybe they could shed some light on the subject?

Polygon 08-16-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 563778)
No one has them in stock.

Not this model, but there are quite a few 1911s at some local stores around here. I'm just tempted to get my money back and buy one of those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilage66 (Post 563779)
How's about calling or emailing SA directly?

Maybe they could shed some light on the subject?

I had thought about that. Probably the best idea.

Jpyle 08-16-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polygon (Post 563756)
Perhaps nobody can give me a clear idea, but I ordered my first 1911 from Bud's in April and still, nothing. I'm dying here and I really want a 1911. And this is really the one I want right now.

Can anyone seriously give me an idea of how long wait might be for one of these? I'm starting to consider asking for my money back and looking locally for a 1911.

Here's the gun BTW:

I had a similar experience with a reserve order Kimber, I eventually gave up and ordered a different gun. Have you tried Impact...

P.S. Buds CS was great through the entire process but the delivery is completely out of their control...

AznZOhAn 08-16-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polygon

Here's the gun BTW:

I am a LEO and I had to wait 4 to 6 months for my SA MC Operator. SA does their guns in 2 month increments, then off for 6 months. They fill Military and LE contracts then the civilian orders. Good price, that's cheaper than LE price.

I would call buds and get the order number and then contact SA. SA has good customer service and will tell when they will fill buds orders. SA is worth the wait, they're great.

Polygon 08-16-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 563813)
I had a similar experience with a reserve order Kimber, I eventually gave up and ordered a different gun. Have you tried Impact...

P.S. Buds CS was great through the entire process but the delivery is completely out of their control...

Oh, I would never fault Bud's. It seems I'm getting all my guns from them these days. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznZOhAn (Post 563945)
I am a LEO and I had to wait 4 to 6 months for my SA MC Operator. SA does their guns in 2 month increments, then off for 6 months. They fill Military and LE contracts then the civilian orders. Good price, that's cheaper than LE price.

I would call buds and get the order number and then contact SA. SA has good customer service and will tell when they will fill buds orders. SA is worth the wait, they're great.

Really?

Just the kind of info I was looking for. I'll give them a call today. Thanks! :)

Polygon 08-16-2011 07:02 PM

How ironic.

I start complaining and what do you know, I have an e-mail this morning from Bud's that they're shipping my gun! Great, I should have my first 1911 by the end of the week!