Hornady TAP ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Hornady TAP ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5990 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

try the awc stuff its almost identical in profile to 230 grn fmj. i picked up a box for my sd guns and it seems to be good stuff.

but i run 2 colts and a xdm 45 so just any of the premium hp 230s work fine. i just see expansion as a bonus if it should occur in a sd situation. your still hitting the goblin with freekin dumptruck.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-26-2011, 06:08 AM   #12

The only problem I have had with the TAP round is its failure to mushroom. I tested out 200rds of 40s&w and only one mushroomed right. I like all the results of the hydra shok and the Speer gold dot.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:49 AM   #13

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Update: bought the 230 grn TAP as suggested, no failures! Now I feel comfortable using these as my carry round! Tried them out today, shot good just was shooting low today (and had a couple of strays)
But hey at least the last 5 were a good group! Not bad from 25

forumrunner_20110929_204846.jpg  

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 09-30-2011, 02:58 AM   #14

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Even your stray would count as a fatal shot...good shooting bro...and great choice on the ammo

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-30-2011, 03:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
Even your stray would count as a fatal shot...good shooting bro...and great choice on the ammo
Thanks sir much appreciated. I'm a lot more accurate with my glock but I've got about 2000 more rounds down range than the 1911. Hope to get there soon. You're a LEO aren't u wray?

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 09-30-2011, 03:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Thanks sir much appreciated. I'm a lot more accurate with my glock but I've got about 2000 more rounds down range than the 1911. Hope to get there soon. You're a LEO aren't u wray?
Not at the moment sir i am not, i was ten years prior and have packed in alot of training and experience. I am only temporarily out of it right now.. i will be back in pretty soon

Old 09-30-2011, 03:28 AM   #17

Quote:

Not at the moment sir i am not, i was ten years prior and have packed in alot of training and experience. I am only temporarily out of it right now.. i will be back in pretty soon
regardless even though I'm sure you're not in my area, thanks for your service to the public

~John F. Kennedy

Old 09-30-2011, 03:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz
regardless even though I'm sure you're not in my area, thanks for your service to the public
Thank you brother, a LEO doesnt hear that very much anymore. Its a pretty thankless job.i remember being a kid and being outside playing and hearing sirens. We would get excited and run by the road and watch the emergency vehicle go by. It doesnt seem to be that way anymore.. Being flipped off and cussed at seems to happen more these days

Old 09-30-2011, 03:41 AM   #19

Quote:

Thank you brother, a LEO doesnt hear that very much anymore. Its a pretty thankless job.i remember being a kid and being outside playing and hearing sirens. We would get excited and run by the road and watch the emergency vehicle go by. It doesnt seem to be that way anymore.. Being flipped off and cussed at seems to happen more these days
Too true man too true

~John F. Kennedy

Old 09-30-2011, 03:45 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5990 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost214713 View Post
The only problem I have had with the TAP round is its failure to mushroom. I tested out 200rds of 40s&w and only one mushroomed right. I like all the results of the hydra shok and the Speer gold dot.
what did you test on?? wet newspaper isnt a good expansion media. its not even analagous to tissue. if you want a real test buy a pig carcass and try it out...

shoot it a few times then have a pig roast.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...