Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Hollow Point ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 517 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 200

I know everybody loves those wilson combat mags but they are just so expensive

Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I currently use Winchester's Bonded PDX1 230gr JHP.

I have also used:

CorBon 230gr JHP

Federal Hydro-Shok 230gr JHP

in my 1911's, SA XD-45's, and Sig P-220. Never had a problem with any of them feeding like they were supposed to.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #23

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Been wanting to get some Wilson 47D's. I bought a Chip McCormick and that is worse then the factory Kimber. Won't lock back half the time. The thing is my local gun range which I am a member at has some 47D's on order but have yet to receive them. I would like to purchase a few from them when they come in (to support my local gun shop of course) but if they don't get them soon then I just might have to buy some online.
This is one of the many reasons I use Tripp Research mags.

The follower is a critical component in the safe operation of your 1911. When the mag is empty the follower contacts the slide stop and locks it back to signal the shooter the gun is empty.

Many of today’s magazine manufacturers use an all-poly follower which interfaces with the metal slide stop. Yes they wear and yes they fail to lock-back the slide and in a PD situation, have the shooter pulling the trigger on an empty gun.

Here you can see the Wilson ETM mag on the top with a poly-follower. (Note the witness mark where it contacts the slide stop.)

The bottom is a Tripp Research Gen II Cobra mag with their hybrid follower.

Tripp Research Inc. 1911 Magazines Call Aaron @ Tripp (877.837.9445) and talk to him, he'll explain what's available and get you fixed-up with what you need. (Tell him canebrake said hi.)

I will only use Cobra mags when carrying.

Before you buy any mag, read the following;

Tripp’s Cobra Magazine Test

I bought a kimber pro carry II

1911 and Hollow Points

1911 magazine question, Cane..Anyone

Upgrade your Mags

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1149 Times on 640 Posts
Likes Given: 458

[QUOTE=canebrake;968434]This is one of the many reasons I use Tripp Research mags.

The follower is a critical component in the safe operation of your 1911. When the mag is empty the follower contacts the slide stop and locks it back to signal the shooter the gun is empty.

Many of today’s magazine manufacturers use an all-poly follower which interfaces with the metal slide stop. Yes they wear and yes they fail to lock-back the slide and in a PD situation, have the shooter pulling the trigger on an empty gun.

Here you can see the Wilson ETM mag on the top with a poly-follower. (Note the witness mark where it contacts the slide stop.)

The bottom is a Tripp Research Gen II Cobra mag with their hybrid follower.

Tripp Research Inc. 1911 Magazines Call Aaron @ Tripp (877.837.9445) and talk to him, he'll explain what's available and get you fixed-up with what you need. (Tell him canebrake said hi.)]

I bought a pair of Tripp Cobras to run in my RIA tactical 9mm. The follower in the Tripps has the same patent number on it, 6,560,907, as the one that is in the stock mag. The Tripp mags do load easier than the stock mag.

My Tripp 45 mags have the hybrid follower. Maybe Tripp just chose not to develop a 9mm hybrid follower.