Hogue grip review
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Hogue grip review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hogue grip review

I don't know if this topic has been addressed or not, and if it has, I apologize for the duplication.

This weekend, I removed the grips on my Taurus PT1911 and replaced them with the Hogue Rubber Grip with Finger Groove. I've got pretty big hands and it completely changed the feel of the firearm. Everything feels much more natural and reflexive. It also makes my grip feel that much more solid. I'm a big fan of this product. I'll get some pictures up soon and post a range report when I make it out there.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

My two steel frame pistols (S&W 1006 and 4506) sport Hogue grips. I like them. I too have large hands (no, make that paws).

Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #3

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

See the second thing I did to my 1911 was to trash the plastic and rubber grips. They made my hands sweat too much. I put on instead a nice set of cocobolo wood double diamond grips. Now I want a set for the Ruger MkII but they would look to nice on that ratty looking old gun.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I run them on my Kimber. I was going to send it in and have the front strap checkered because I couldn't find anyone local who would do it. A buddy suggested trying a set of Hogue Comabts. The made a huge difference in the comfort of the pistol and helped me to overcome muzzle flip before I really learned how to handle a 1911.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:17 AM   #5

Hogue makes nice products though I am partial to the Pachmyr signature grips myself for 1911's .

Old 09-24-2008, 03:34 AM   #6

The gun shown here I have hogue on it now for shooting Steel Matches, Wood is for picture, I have a STI Double Stack for USPSA and switching guns every 2 wks I needed to have the same feel, since the STI is much bigger grip, so to do that I put the hogue on my Single Stack Seel gun they are now similar, I like it allot.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:52 AM   #7

I also have a set of houge combat grips on my SA loaded model, a couple of my buddies had various grips on theirs, my pistol originally came with the coco bolo grips but after shooting with the pachmyer and houge grips I decided that I need a set. so I walked out to see what they had and I flopped down the money for the houges, and I couldn't be happier, the coco bolo grips look great but I am more about funtion than form. that is also the reson I own 1911's.

"the tree of liberty has to be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants...."

"on the seventh day god created the model 700 for killing dinosaurs."

Old 11-22-2008, 03:21 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I think I paid $18 or $20 for mine. To increase the functionality of a $700 pistol as much as they did, they're well worth it. They also feel the same in 20ºF weather as they do with sweaty hands in 120ºF weather.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.