Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   High standard 1911a1 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/high-standard-1911a1-47367/)

MrWray 08-25-2011 10:56 PM

High standard 1911a1

A couple of months ago i wanted my first 1911, i didnt want to buy an expensive already fixed up version cause to me the fun is customizing it to fit me. I found a new high standard 1911A1 GI. Ive always been into guns since i was able to hold and being in law enforcement for 9 years im pretty...really picky when it comes to my guns. The high standard looks really sharp and clean, also has a nice parkerized finish and was only $500 It cycles well and overall doesnt have a thing wrong with it except it comes with 1 cheap magazine which i replaced with 7 wilson combat mags.Im very happy with it and already have a bunch of ed brown parts ready to b installed. Anyone wanting a 1911 but doesnt want to spend a grand will not b disappointed.

CA357 08-26-2011 02:50 AM

How does it shoot? Does it cycle properly and how many rounds do you have through it?

I'm a firm believer that a good firearm doesn't have to be expensive to do the job. The main drawback to inexpensive firearms is that sometimes they just don't function as they should.

MrWray 08-26-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357
How does it shoot? Does it cycle properly and how many rounds do you have through it?

I'm a firm believer that a good firearm doesn't have to be expensive to do the job. The main drawback to inexpensive firearms is that sometimes they just don't function as they should.

Ive only put about 100 rounds down range so far but it shoots and cycles very good. It is very well made. U can lay it beside a colt or springfield 1911 and not tell the difference

CA357 08-26-2011 07:09 PM

Cool beans. :cool:

firstsoldier 09-22-2011 10:02 AM

My High Standard 1911

I also have a phillipines 1911 (Rock Island) and just got through reworking it myself. New barrel, spring, hammer, grip safety & trigger, I still need to lighten the trigger pull but I have all the time in the world and that is a very delicate operation. Very satified with the results and enjoy working on my own guns. Will have to take it to my gunsmith to have the novack sights installed but that can come later. Life is short, drink the good wine first. The old firstsoldier.

pagj17 09-24-2011 07:34 AM

If you're careful You can install the sights yourself:)

MrWray 09-24-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagj17
If you're careful You can install the sights yourself:)

I wouldnt wanna risk it, i dont have the proper tools needed to do it

danf_fl 09-24-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 585947)
I wouldnt wanna risk it, i dont have the proper tools needed to do it

I have a slide that someone tried to remove the small front sight. The post broke off (improper preparation for the task). The guy mangled the sight area and the broken post is still in it.

MrWray 09-24-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl

I have a slide that someone tried to remove the small front sight. The post broke off (improper preparation for the task). The guy mangled the sight area and the broken post is still in it.

And thts y i dont do it myself 

pagj17 09-24-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl

Youch. I did have a little bit of an issue getting the new night "tight"