Help PT.2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Help PT.2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Help PT.2

Here is the other firearm in question. Info? From the other post he will definately do nothing to modify the gun. Question here is.. the sites I dont believe to be original? (From my knowledge the gun was aquired in its current condition) He would like to get the gun back to the original condition, as it should be, any info on where I could get sites for this gun or what type it came with? Recap: History, value? I actually shot both of these firearms and they shot flawlessly. The Remington was suprisingly accurate. Much respect to the 1911, Im becoming a fan!

19112.jpg   19112-001.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5508 Times on 2875 Posts
Likes Given: 357

it doesnt appear any real moddiing was done. new sights to match the original may be a little hard to find in an aged condition. but not impossible. shouldnt cost much either.

any competant gunsmith with 1911 can replace those hideous sights

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-28-2011, 03:41 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Help PT.2

Those are definately "after market" sights. Note that the side of the M1911 says "U.S. Property". The US military did not purchase any newly made M1911's after 1945!. they all had fixed sights, and you might be able to find those from Gun Parts Corporation (gunpartscorp.com). But bear in mind that athough the rear sight can be drifted out and a new one drifted in, the front sight has to be peened in using a special tool. I built one with my trusty cutting torch and grinders, and it worked, but you can purchase the tool from Brownells, Inc (brownells.com). wktipton, SSG, USA (Military Police) Retired.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:50 AM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I can't make out the S/N on the Colt.

PM or post the # and I can give you a build date.

Those hideous sights must go!

Don't do anything to both these guns as far as re-finishing.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello